Am I Losing My Hair? Can Anything Help?

Indrid Cold

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new here and signed up to either quell a recent insecurity or find out if anything can be done about it. I'm 25 this year and normally wear my hair a little long. My hair is pretty coarse, thick, and I have a lot of it when I grow it out. For years I've had barbers and stuff tell me that with hair like mine I won't ever go bald but well, barbers ain't dermatologists. Only recently after seeing an online discussion about hairlines elsewhere did I pull my hair up to look at mine, and wasn't too thrilled with what I found. My hairline does look slightly recessed, specifically it's higher on one side than the other with the hair thinner in that corner near the temple. I don't like taking pictures and have hardly ever worn my hair short anyway, so I don't have much early material to compare my current hairline to, but I thought taking some pictures to post here couldn't hurt anyway.

After freaking out about my hair situation I went for a hair cut to get a better look at things. When the stylist handed me a mirror and wheeled me around to get a look at the full picture, I saw what looked like a bald spot on the back of my head and about died. I asked her about it, but she said it's normal to have a visible hair part at the crown of the head, especially for people like me who have a double crown (as I've always had one). Still, second opinions never hurt. Going to attach some pics with this post: hairline with wet hair before the cut, a picture from after the cut, and a picture of the crown parting. Any suggestions or assessments are appreciated. I won't be able to see a dermatologist for a bit but figure as long as I can get an appointment within a month or two they should be able to help me prevent it from getting any worse and maybe reverse any hair that I've lost, if I have lost any.

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_193445.jpg
    IMG_20190827_193445.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20190830_180234.jpg
    IMG_20190830_180234.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20190902_214743.jpg
    IMG_20190902_214743.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 158

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should see a dermatologist. Without photos to compare we can't judge but you crown definitely looks to be balding aggressively. A derm will confirm and talk treatments. Best of luck

Indrid Cold

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should see a dermatologist. Without photos to compare we can't judge but you crown definitely looks to be balding aggressively. A derm will confirm and talk treatments. Best of luck

I should note that when I put my fingers back to feel around my crown, I can't feel anything but hair moving around. Don't feel anything like a traditional bald spot back there but I'm not sure if that matters.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see miniaturized hair in front n thinning crown. Finasteride before it's too late.

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline looks fine, slight recession. Could you please post a better picture of your crown? With better lighting, but don't use flash.