Am I Going Bald?

duggys

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here but really need some peoples opinions as I am concerned about my parting! :/ I am 22 and have shoulder length hair, my sister and my mother have both told me that it is just my parting and I am not going bald, but I have attached some pictures and would like some more peoples opinions please.

Many Thanks :) SAM_0313.jpgSAM_0312.jpgSAM_0311.jpg

Still_Ill

Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum and thanks for attaching the photos, they help illustrate what is going on. Are any of your direct relatives either bald or balding? If so, when did they start to lose their hair? How is your hairline?

From the pictures you posted I don't see that there is much to be concerned about right now -- I suspect your mother and sister are correct. Your photos don't show me any signs of balding. It can, however, be terribly difficult to spot Male Pattern Baldness (male pattern baldness) in its early stages through photos like these. A lot of what happens early on to those with male pattern baldness is not visible to the naked eye.

Some doctors specializing in hair loss have a tool called a densitometer -- a small camera that they drag across your scalp to see what kind of changes are occurring, if any, to the density of your hair. If you are concerned enough to ask forum members about your hair condition, you might consider consulting one of these doctors in your area to have them definitively tell you if you are experiencing the early stages of male pattern baldness in the area you show in the attached pictures. At the very least, the doctor could say that your hair is okay, and then you can go live your life with one less thing to worry about.

One thing to keep in mind -- currently available treatments for genetically induced hair loss are much better at maintaining existing hair than they are at regrowing lost hair. If you are unsure about the condition of your mane, I think it would be in your best interest to A) determine if you are going bald and B) start treatments if you are balding or don't if you aren't. Either way, you have a lot of great hair right now, so make sure to enjoy it! Take action but be relaxed about it, since worrying achieves nothing. Believe me -- I found that out the hard way :)

Last edited:

shahrukh

Reaction score
dude don't freak out by the above narration. you are not balding! perfectly normal if you have a decent hairline! everyone would see their scalp if they had a digital camera with flash

- - - Updated - - -

dude don't freak out by the above narration. you are not balding! perfectly normal if you have a decent hairline! everyone would see their scalp if they had a digital camera with flash

Still_Ill

Reaction score

Sorry if my post came across that way! I had no intention of freaking anyone out, as evidenced by my second to last sentence. From the photos I also don't think duggys is losing his hair. But I do believe that if he is concerned about the possibility of future hair loss, it probably couldn't hurt to get a professional opinion (except a consultation does cost money, of course :) ). The peace of mind you can get from one session with a doctor could be worth the expenditure -- it'll certainly put an end to thoughts like "is this happening to me, or am I imagining things?" You yourself state in your regimen that you're wondering if you're going bald -- a doctor's evaluation might help you with that problem as well.

The decisions rest with you. Maybe I am neurotic, but the advice I gave him was advice I wish I had received a few years ago. I'm on treatments now and my hair is in pretty damn good shape, but one side of my hairline could use some help :/ If I had started earlier, preferably in 2011, I could have kept more of my hairline intact. But I'm still only 9 months into the Big 3, so who knows, it might thicken up in the coming months. Also, with promising future treatments like CB-03-01 coming in a few years (or even earlier if forum members can find the correct vehicle, dosage, etc.), I am optimistic that genetic hair loss will be a non-issue for those who catch the problem early on.