Am i going bald ?

wmf22

Reaction score
About 9 months ago I noticed hair coming out in my hand while showering about 10 -20 and while putting my hands through my hair.They fall out into the sink about 20 of them.I guess I see a few on my pillow as well.My hair ine is not receding at all but seems like it just comes out througout the whole head.It has been continuing to happen but has stayed pretty much the same amount coming out for the 9 months. Is it something to worry about at this pont ?

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
That kind of fallout sounds absolutely normal wmf22. The fact that you arent noticing any thinning spots makes it even more likely that its perfectly normal. if it is worrying you, or you see a difference in the appearance or texture of your hair then get checked out by a doctor but you are more than likely just being a little paranoid.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:roll:
ATTENTION NEWBIES !
Want to see if you're losing hair?
Look in the mirror dont look at whats on your pillow/sink.

wmf22

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I do see a thinning throughout the head ,especially when its wet now. I saw a dermitologist and he pulled on it and said ,yes it did come out a little too easily when he did that.He did blood work and said all the results came out normal. it just seems as if my hair is not strong at all. I strted taking Biotin and B complex vitamins .Is what i have called diffuse thinning or would i be losing more quicker ?

G

s.a.f said:
ATTENTION NEWBIES !

Yeah, great advice..... Once you can actually see that you are losing it is almost too late to start. Remember, maintenance is easier much easier than regrowth.

wmf, get on Finasteride!

G

Taugenichts said:
s.a.f said:
ATTENTION NEWBIES !

Yeah, great advice..... Once you can actually see that you are losing it is almost too late to start. Remember, maintenance is easier much easier than regrowth.

wmf, get on Finasteride!

lol at you bashing saf's post but encouraging someone who isn't even sure he's losing hair to get on finasteride.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Taugenichts said:
s.a.f said:
ATTENTION NEWBIES !

wmf, get on Finasteride!

lol at you bashing saf's post but encouraging someone who isn't even sure he's losing hair to get on finasteride.

actually if someone *thinks* they are losing hair they probably are...secondly if there is strong family links to male pattern baldness...you should get on finasteride...the earlier you start the better...

I wish i saw the signs...like my dad and his whole fam is bald and my older bro (by a year) start losing his hair....I shoulda started researching then and started finasteride...but i didnt and about 2 years later I started losing hair.

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
wmf22 said:
About 9 months ago I noticed hair coming out in my hand while showering about 10 -20 and while putting my hands through my hair.They fall out into the sink about 20 of them.I guess I see a few on my pillow as well.My hair ine is not receding at all but seems like it just comes out througout the whole head.It has been continuing to happen but has stayed pretty much the same amount coming out for the 9 months. Is it something to worry about at this pont ?

hmm.. mine kinda started like that but I still can't tell for sure if I'm going bald but my hair seems to be loosing density, time will tell.. If you notice excessive shedding then you should take it seriously really, I think it takes some months of shedding before you can notice any density loss.

krun48

Reaction score
wmf22

I'm in the exact same boat as you. My hair is kind of long, but hair seems to come out really easy when I comb it. It still looks fine, but I feel like I can see more of my scalp when direct light is on it. Did your doctor give you any other indications of what it could be? Not sure if I'm paranoid or something I should worry about.

s.a.f

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ATTENTION NEWBIES !

When a girl shampoo's her hair does she lose hairs? - YES
When a girl brushes her hair does she lose hairs? - YES
When Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise/whoever shampoos do they lose hair? - YES
When Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise/whoever brushes their hair do they lose hair? - YES

Are they all going bald?

wmf22

Reaction score
Yeah but when for 34 years you do not have VISIBLE hair falling out and then you do and it is consistent, then I have to believe something is going on.I am going back to the doctor on thursday so I guess I will see what he advises.