Am I Going Bald? (I'm sure you get this here all the time)

testaccnt99

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going bald or not. I'm 20 years old, and I have pretty thick hair, but I tend to be a hypochondriac and lately I've been fingering my part and trying to figure out if it's always looked like this, and if it looks normal and etc.

Can I have some help from the experts?

The following four pictures were taken this morning with my computer, before I showered or got out of bed. My hair is a little frazzled which might be responsible for odd partings.
fgaJu.jpg

pqNvt.jpg

F1WiA.jpg

4WKl3.jpg

From the front: (this picture was taken a couple of nights from a skype conversation. I don't THINK i see any signs of receding)
rF4Va.jpg

Signs on my side:
. My father has a full head of hair
. My mother's hair is very, very thick
. MY hair is extremely thick. Almost every time I get my hair cut (many times by a new barber), they each randomly comment on how thick my hair is, and on how much hair I have. The barber I've had longest said she doesn't think I'm going to go bald, but that was about a year ago.
. I have a Widow's Peak (I read somewhere this is a good sign? I don't know, it sounds fishy to me)

Signs against me:
. My mother's grandfather AND brother are bald (but they don't have a widow's peak, which my mother does. I hope this suggests that I have my mother's thick hair, rather than theirs. Apparently both of them started going bald even before 20).
. My father's father is bald

Am I just worrying myself sick? Does my part look normal?

That being said, if I AM going bald, what tests can I do to make sure? And what steps can I make to prevent losing as much hair as possible?

Thank you for putting time into your responses!

-Max

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
In those pictures you do not look like you are going bald, your hair is incredibly
thick. The only way to know for sure if you are losing hair is to
get a hair miniaturization test done. Any good hair transplant surgeon can do this.
But like I said it looks like you have an amazing head of hair.
Go out and enjoy your life and stop worrying.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man you're just being paranoid. You don't look like you're balding at all.

I'm sure at least one person on this site will say that you are though (as always)