Am I going bald at 19? w/ pictures

MrShmeee

Reaction score
8 months ago I noticed my hairline changing. I watched it go back slightly over the next 4 months and decided to go to my dermatologist and get it checked, who suggested that there may be further thinning behind my hairline and prescribed me finasteride. I didn't know what to think at the time, but decided to wait it out a bit longer to see if it would continue to progress..

And to now.. My hairline has continued to change. 4 days ago I pulled my hair back and freaked! I made a decision to use my prescription and bought finasteride that evening after work and have been it on it since. (1.25mg/day) The thing is I really don't know what to think of my hair, I only know it's definitely changed in the last 8 months and that I think it looks increasingly bad on one side. What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/rh2fi (Sorry if the picture quality isn't too great.)

I really don't want to be on finasteride if I don't have to be. I'm four days in and since the second day have had close to no sexual desire whatsoever.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On one side it's really recessed and looks pretty bad, I'd say you're definitely a NW2.
You aren't going to stop the hair loss unless you get on finasteride...I would definetly go on a lower dosage of like 0.25...

Of course you are aware of the sides, I would perhaps stop taking it for a week and try again on a lower dosage to be safe.

MrShmeee

Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of the sides, though I'm not sure of how much I should believe of what I've read on the internet.

Okay, I'll give it a week and get back on it.. But .25? Isn't that a bit low a dosage?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You seem to be experiencing pretty huge sides already, so your only hope is to lower the dosage and pray the sides aren't as bad when you get back on it. I'm not sure you should even be taking it! Though it may be slightly physiological..

You still get morning wood?

MrShmeee

Reaction score
I do, as hard as ever. I just can't seem to get it up during the day unless I have some kind of visual stimulant, but when I do it's a perfectly normal erection.

stop dht

Established Member
Reaction score
We cant judge if u r going bald but thats obvious u got some temple-temple peak recession-thinning

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The fact you still get morning wood...is signs of perhaps a sign of it being purely physiological....
I've done it before, doubt myself and actually somehow convince myself how can something turn me on?
But best to be safe and go on a lower dosage and wait a week, perhaps later up the dosage.

MrShmeee

Reaction score
I have been super stressed about my hair and the potential side effects, so I'd like to hope so.

Will definitely give it a week and then start again at a smaller dosage and see how that goes. Thanks!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep taking finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily that's really all you need good luck stay on it forever