Am I Going Bald At 17 Or Do I Just Have A Irregular Hairline?

Mark zondola

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been stressing for a while now whether it's a mature hairline/ a weird hairline or whether it's a receding one also have had a gap in the middle for a while now hasn't got bigger I don't think but am still unsure about it no sign of family baldness. Very stressed as I'm only 17, and I have always had thin hair I've also cut my head which I feel may have receeded my right part of my hairline even more as it has got further back ever since the cut and is further than my left part.

Attachments

• IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,526
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,192

Tisumi2333

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my personal of view.I cant tell if its a receding or naturel hairline.I think u should keep an eye on it.eat healthy and do some exercise.if it get worse.jump on fina.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man it looks like a NW2 i'm 17 and i'm exactly like you it's so frustrating that you go every second to check your hairline in front of the mirror and you have a little hope inside you that you're just maturing, but you can't deny the truth that you're probably balding. I feel you it's f*****g awful and when you complain you'll get called a whiner and a kid. I know this is out of topic, but i had to say this since i share the same feelings as you.

Mark zondola

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man it looks like a NW2 i'm 17 and i'm exactly like you it's so frustrating that you go every second to check your hairline in front of the mirror and you have a little hope inside you that you're just maturing, but you can't deny the truth that you're probably balding. I feel you it's f*****g awful and when you complain you'll get called a whiner and a kid. I know this is out of topic, but i had to say this since i share the same feelings as you.
If I was to go bald could u say what age it would be or even what age range??

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was to go bald could u say what age it would be or even what age range??
I'm not sure i'm like you a new to the topic of hair loss, but we could be maturing i saw many examples of people who kept NW2 hairline their whole life, so there's a hope. And if we are balding i would say we will be advancing to NW7 at 25 years old, but the problem is +NW3 is a fucked hairline, so we might shave our heads very soon, but i hope we're just maturing i really hope it's the case. (I will upload a pics of my hair to see if it's similar to yours)

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_143849.jpg
    IMG_20170706_143849.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_20170706_143906.jpg
    IMG_20170706_143906.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 425

LouReed

Reaction score
I absolutely had a hairline like OP's 2nd picture my entire life. I remember my aunt saying "Are you going bald?" to me when I was 13. Just a natural NW2, not due to hairloss

I don't understand what I'm looking at in your 3rd picture though. But for now, I would hold off on taking finasteride until later. Just keep an eye on your hairline and chill. It won't fall out suddenly, you'll notice if it does.

Pick a few distinct hairs / blemishes on your scalp and use them as markers to watch for any progression of hairloss. It will be a source of comfort. Save some pictures and compare in 6 months or a year. Enjoy being young.

I'm not a doctor but I would not be f*****g with my hormone levels until my mid-20s if it can be avoided.

Jakedaguy100

My Regimen
Reaction score
I absolutely had a hairline like OP's 2nd picture my entire life. I remember my aunt saying "Are you going bald?" to me when I was 13. Just a natural NW2, not due to hairloss

I don't understand what I'm looking at in your 3rd picture though. But for now, I would hold off on taking finasteride until later. Just keep an eye on your hairline and chill. It won't fall out suddenly, you'll notice if it does.

Pick a few distinct hairs / blemishes on your scalp and use them as markers to watch for any progression of hairloss. It will be a source of comfort. Save some pictures and compare in 6 months or a year. Enjoy being young.

I'm not a doctor but I would not be f*****g with my hormone levels until my mid-20s if it can be avoided.
Hey so I know you replied a long time ago but if you are still active I’d love to talk about our hairlines. I’ve finally found someone who started receding at 13 too I have hope now