Am I Going Bald? (Age 20 Pics Inside)

GamilGamal

Reaction score
My dad went bald at about age 30, my half brother (on my dads side) started noticebly going bald around age 25...now at age 30 it is obvious he has lost alot of hair. I just turned 20 and in the passed 5 months i've started to feel like i've been losing more hair then usual. Im not sure if im just being paranoid or not though. Whenever i wash my hair i loose a good 15-30 hairs. It's not clumps but it still feels like quite a bit of hair. I know going on medications such as Proscar, Nizoral 2%, minoxodil work best when you use it during early stages of hair loss and when hair is still growing. But i don't want to take the stuff if it isn't necassary for me yet (I realize i may in the future but the longer i can put off feeding myself unnecassary drugs the better.) Anyways here are some pics of my situation...

Taken with flash on, makes it more visible..

again.jpg

Without Flash on...

again2.jpg

Does that look like beginning stages of balding or is that just natural hair lining? I was thinking of just going on Nizorol for now and if it becomes obvious im losing hair to get on proscar or something. Let me know what you guys think

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are definately loosing your hair. I would recommend you get on finasteride and possibly jump right on minoxidil as well if you want to fill in alittle.

Jeff71913

Reaction score
Hairloss:

I can't tell if im on the verge of going bald or if im just being paranoid.

I'm afraid you are loosing a little hair. Since you are only 20 you might want to go at it with everything you can. Propecia might verywell be a good choice and I agree that Rogaine would be a wise augmentation to your overall program. At your age these medications might just do the trick, however I would start ASAP.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but you are losing your hair. It seems like you been losing for sometime now. If you notice that your dad was bald or going bald at 30 most likely he started to loss his hair earlier. Maybe as early as 25. Sorry for your bad luck but if you want to save your hair for 5 or more years then start taking Propecia. Don't go on minoxidil, just stay with Propecia. If after a couple of years Propecia start losing it's strength then go on minoxidil. If you want to go on Nizoral 2%. The one thing you don't want to do it not to do anything.

GamilGamal

Reaction score
What is finasteride? I never heard of this one? Which treatments should i go with...

Only propecia?

propecia and Nizoral?

propecia and Minoxidil?

minoxidil and Nizoral?

also, Minoxidil and Rogaine are the samething right?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
propecia 1 mg daily, minoxidil 5% twice a day, and nizoral 3 times a week

This would be your best bet. I would personally bet money you would grow back alot of hair with that regimen.

Britannia

Reaction score
Propecia (finasteride 1mg) + Minoxidil 5% + Nizoral shampoo
The best way forward.

GamilGamal

Reaction score
can u guys recomend any good online sites where i could get the real stuff at a good price? Thanks. Should i get Minoxidil 5% off the internet or local store? and minoxidil is rogaine right...?

jeffsss

Reaction score
GamilGamal said:
can u guys recomend any good online sites where i could get the real stuff at a good price? Thanks. Should i get Minoxidil 5% off the internet or local store? and minoxidil is rogaine right...?

i'd go to a derm and get a perscription for propecia....

if you dont want to go that route.. here are lots of websites you can get it from.. usually in generic form (which is why i'm a little nervous of ordering form them)

minoixdil 5% and nizoral 1% you can get at almost every store.

minoxidil is the active ingredient in rogaine.

Britannia

Reaction score
For Propecia/Proscar/Finpeca/Fincar I think http://www.inhousepharmacy.com are pretty well recommended. I dont use them, I use http://www.ukmedix.com, but they only ship to the UK.
If you want Rogaine then best go to your local pharmacy. If you want generic 5% minoxidil then I believe ebay is the cheapest place (and I am being serious. The sellers of minoxidil on ebay have a proven track record of geniune sales).
Nizoral shampoo is available at all good pharmacies.

GamilGamal

Reaction score
I thought only the Nizoral 2% shampoo worked? I went to the store today and saw 1% but didn't get it because i thought I read that doesn't really do much and i needed the 2%. To those who use propecia...did you get a prescription or do you buy the generic form??

ash900

Reaction score
yeah

if i was you i would definitely nip it in the butt right now and do something about it, instead of procrastinating for another two years until you REALLY notice and and by then it will be harder to do anything about.

1 - Get on propecia (also known as finasteride) 1mg (the cheaper option is to try and get proscar 5mg and use a pill splitter to cut it into 4 pieces)

If your too nervous to go to a Doctor just buy some online - get some advice from people on here about where to buy it. But if you can push yourself just go to a Doctor and get a proper prescription etc - going to a Doctor makes you realise that it really is a problem and you need to do something about it...

2 - Nizoral 2% is a mild growth stimulant so it will help grow NEW hair too and it helps with itching etc... ??? (I personally haven't used nizoral so i'm just speaking from what others have said)

but the most important thing is to do something about it! and not sit around in denial...

Britannia

Reaction score
Re: yeah

ash900 said:
but the most important thing is to do something about it! and not sit around in denial...

Or indeed any other river :D :D :D

GamilGamal

Reaction score
thanks guys...trust me im not in denial. My dad is bald and brother started balding pretty early so i had a feeling i was doomed from day one. Noone has ever mentioned i look like im balding or anything and i've always had thin hair but still i can tell the beginning of hair loss has started. But about the Nizoral....where can i get the 2%? Do you have to have a prescription? I went to sav on but they only had the 1%. Would Henry's have it? Vons??

Axon

Reaction score
2% is Rx only, and can be obtained on the 'net. I am too lazy to provide a link.

Britannia

Reaction score