Am I Getting Bald Already, My Partner Is Worried

Ramzi Sleiman

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my partner is freaked out that i might get bald soon :rolleyes:
This is mainly because my Scalp is visible in the back of my head. (see pictures)
I am 29 years old, i am considered a hairy man, with good amount of hair almost everywhere in my body (strong and full beard, chest hair, legs too) Back not as much (luckily).
My Dad's side of the family has a record of getting bald, but my mom's side of the family doesn't. It is believed in the family that i am hairy like my uncles (mom's side).
In the morning, i find hair from any spot of my body, not only my head. (Which is annoying, but it's been years like this)
I do find hair on my pillow, but I do not know how much is too much (I think around 10-20 hairs)
During the shower, i do get hair in my hand if i pass my hand on my head, but also only a couple of long hairs that I never got worried about (Or should I?)
My parents say that my scalp has been visible since a much younger age, and that i will not get bald.
Any professional opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1516.JPG.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1518.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1518.JPG.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1515.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1515.JPG.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1498.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1498.JPG.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1514.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1514.JPG.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 296

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup it's starting. Your hairline is already disintegrating a tiny bit and on the back it's starting, too.
Maybe you can take the same image with dry hair for comparison.

As you catched it very early there are a lot of options, I think you will be able to slow it down to a point where it will never really bother you quite easily.

You can start with nizoral

You also already took very clear photos. Just compare them after six months. If it got worse you can add ru or get on big three.
For now I think Nizoral is enough.

Also your partner is a bit paranoid.:D

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like diffuse thinning, mine started kinda the same.. minus the hairline recension.

Last edited:

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it's happening..hopefully your partner won't soon be departing.

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good catching it early. While the hairs getting thinner your little papilla (the root thingy that grows the hair) is probably still very much intact. Basically, stopping the source of the hair loss (most likely DHT) now will allow the papilla to recover quickly, this will thicken your existing hairs and maybe grow some new ones.

Just going to put this out there.... maybe start a low low low dose of finasteride now?

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it does look like you're starting to thin out, you can always try treatment though and there's a good chance you won't be going bald anytime soon, providing you respond well that is. If your partner is freaking out then this could be quite a test for your relationship.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah that is straight up male pattern baldness. Your only choice is to try some dosage of propecia. I just dont think anything else works good enough to make much of a difference. You may as well start on minoxidil its super cheap and can buy it OTC