am i doomed?

shaf

Reaction score
Ok so im on a .25mg dose of finasteride atm. The main problem im experiencing is that my body itches really bad when i take it the night before going to sleep. Im really depressed cause i dont want to stop it and really want to regrow hair. Also i been using nizoral and minoxidil but im losing a ton of hair even after the two week period. Do these products take a while to work or what.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't expect results for about 6 months
and the golden rule is if your hair falls out quicker, that's a sign of it working :p (it'll regrow faster)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am not sure about the nizoril but to my knowledge propecia doesn't cause itching

is it your scalp that itches or like all over your body?

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil causes skin to itch, it is a mild side effect so don't worry :)

Reaction score
I discontinued minoxidil after 2 weeks because of heart palps and itching, my whole body was affected, with electric-shock like feelings across my body intermittantly. So it may not be finasteride that's causing you the discomfort.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Yeah, it's a pretty common side effect of finasteride. Read more about it at http://www.propeciahelp.com

1004216279_0415eed10f.jpg

shaf

Reaction score
Well the itch is mostly on my stomach and legs etc. It kind of a red rash on my body. I think finasteride is causing it. What do you recommend i do?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
The body itch is from finasteride, i experienced it too. Should go away in a week or two, once your body adjusts to the medication. I found lotion helped a lot.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember it was a side effect listed although not common. We know dht is responsible for a lot of body hair. Maybe your bodies resisting the changes finasteride is doing to your body which is causing this itching and rash. I would personally try lowering the dosage of finasteride from 1mg to 0.25mg of finasteride until your body is able to adjust to these changes and see how it goes from there.