Am I doing enough?

Guy

Reaction score
I have diffuse thinning on top a little and my left temple is receding some. I know if I posted picks everyone would give me alot of crap because I have caught it really early. Anyway I have been on propecia and nizoral for like five months and I only notice like six or seven hairs throughtout the whole day falling out any more. But, my left temple still seems to be thinning. Should I wait for the year mark on Propecia or should I maybe start using minoxidil.

G

Personally, I would definatley wait. Others will say don't and get on minoxidil right away.

My reasoning has to do with trying to get away with doing as little as possible to maintain your hair. Especially since you say tthat you have caught it early. Also if propecia at a year is maintaining your hair you know that propecia alone has done this and minoxidil had nothing to do with it. If you take minoxidil now and start maintaining at 1 yeat, who knows if it was the minoxidil or propecia. Furthermore if propecia satisfies you at 1 year then you can ride it out until you need to bring in other options such as minoxidil. Instead of burning all your options right off the bat.

Also 5 months is still to soon to see the real effects of propecia. At the very least wait another couple months and then see where you stand. If the pressure gets to you, then get on the minoxidil.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its a good idea to wait on minoxidil until you get to the point where you want some regrowth. As long as youre just looking to maintain, Propecia should be fine. Wait at least a year before deciding if Propecia is working for you or not.

And btw, hairloss has nothing to do with the number of hairs that fall out. People with thick heads of hair can shed 150+ hairs a day and never lose thickness. Its all about the quality of the hairs that grow back.