Am I Big Baby Regarding Residual Adhesive Left In My Unit Prior To Washing?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first started wearing, I thought it was the easiest thing: you tape or glue a wig onto your head, &, once the adhesive has lost its tack, you remove the unit & clean it.

Big deal.

Then, after shaving my head in moment of weakness, I felt obliged to order a new piece, as the extreme undercut made me look like a penis.

I went with Lord Hair and loved the system until my first detachment and washing, whereupon the system got so tangled & mangled, it was unwearable. I threw it out my window.

Thinking it was a faulty system as I'd had no issues removing tape (by hand) from my previous system prior to washing, I ordered the same S7 unit; and, again, within a week it was destroyed just like the other one. I detached the unit, removed the tape, and washed the piece - which, again, got all bent out of shape and knotted (pics included).

I complained profusely to Lord over the course of a week or so; they maintained I must have had residual adhesive in the units, something I can neither confirm nor deny - but it certainly put the idea in my mind.

They sent me another unit, after much fuss, which I removed and cleaned for the first time tonight.

So far so good. After removing the tape from my piece, I applied standard, rinse-out conditioner to the unit to break down down any remaining glue, should there have been any.

I feel like I've a little PTSD(!) from those two Lord units' going bad after first washing, and am being overly paranoid.

I overlap my tape, so when I remove it, it all comes off in one circular piece. Feeling around the lace and the hair, I did not note any tackiness, but I was very concerned the whole time I was washing.

I can't imagine adhesives being so finicky. I feel like, if they were, more people would be experiencing the problem I had with those two Lord pieces; and everyone on this forum, from what I recall, stated they'd never seen anything like it before when I first shared the story.

What do you guys think? Am I being paranoid? Should I switch to an oil-based lace release? What's going on?

Attachments

• IMG_20190830_162834447.jpg
    IMG_20190830_162834447.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20190919_194605534.jpg
    IMG_20190919_194605534.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20190919_194559950.jpg
    IMG_20190919_194559950.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 84