Am i balding

Bin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello im 17 and I think I'm balding. My hair seems thinner.

Attachments

• 16179050501285135077530707187039.jpg
    16179050501285135077530707187039.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 16179050856004882958853076304838.jpg
    16179050856004882958853076304838.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 223

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the pictures your hair seems fine. Hairline is good and the top just looks like a normal part. But you’re saying that you feel it’s thinner. How is your family history? Are your grandfathers bald or is your dad bald?

if they are, did they bald aggressively or youngish?

if your family history is good, I recommend just watching it and seeing if it gets worse. Take pictures every few months showing the danger zones (crown and temples). That should help you gauge any type of balding if there is any

Bin

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the pictures your hair seems fine. Hairline is good and the top just looks like a normal part. But you’re saying that you feel it’s thinner. How is your family history? Are your grandfathers bald or is your dad bald?

if your family history is good, I recommend just watching it and seeing if it gets worse. Take pictures every few months showing the danger zones (crown and temples). That should help you gauge any type of balding if there is any
My dad is bald so I've accepted if I'm turning bald but its a bit itchy in places

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad is bald so I've accepted if I'm turning bald but its a bit itchy in places
The best thing for you to do is use intermediary treatments like minoxidil (this needs to be used long term) and wait until you’re old enough, maybe 19 or 20 to start using dht blockers. Even then I’d recommend topical dht blockers. Or you can just wait it out without things like minoxidil and start finasteride at 19 or 20.

Saw Palmetto might slow it down in your case until you can start finasteride

ASC 83

My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks fine most guys would be happy

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're part looks like its slightly thinning but that could just be the flash, you know your hair better than anyone else. Don't listen to family or friends because they will just tell you that you're not losing hair till your a nw4 and its too late for treatments.

Bin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate it, I'll deal with the itch first and probably use those treatments when I'm 19, 20.
Thank you.

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
For Itchiness, changing shampoo helped me. Currently I use Regenpure Dr and Betadine shampoo once a week.