• No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

xenz76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a 23 year old male and have recently become worried I might be balding at the crown. This is because my barber mentioned that I did not grow a lot of hair at the crown during my last haircut, and so by the time I am 30 I will be completely bald there. Since then I've noticed that I've been losing a lot of hair strand here and there, but I don't think it's any more than the so-called normal 25-100 stands human lose per day. I've taken some pictures but I still can't decided if I'm going bald because some of my pics seems to confirm my fears while others pic show it as normal. As for my family history, my grandfather from my father's side was completely bald. My father's brothers (3 in total) have all lost a lot of their hair on their crown and all but one sports the buzzcut/bald look. My father is the youngest and has kept his hair until recently (last year when he turned 50), now he is balding at the crown a lot. I never met my mother's father, and most of the men in her family seem to go through mild balding in their 50's. Another thing I want to mention is that I had alopecia areata when I was 19 but I got treated for it with a topical spray. Also when I was 17 I also got comments that I was balding but I realized that it was because I was mistreating my hair so I began to treat it gentler (using less harsh shampoos, treating it delicately, avoiding styling iron, avoiding hot showers) and since then I haven't gotten those comments. Anyways here are the pic I took all today, tell me your honest opinion, is this normal or no? (My hair's type is fine)
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Further away it looks fine, up close it is possible it is thinning. You do not notice that hair loss is occurring in male pattern baldness usually. Like it isn't a severe, sudden shedding like you would see in Telogen Effluvium. What do you think?

xenz76

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Telogen Effluvium is caused by stress? I graduated from college recently and that was stressful, so it could be caused by that? Also I thought in male pattern baldness people noticed large chunks of hair falling form their head? Also I think I may have dandruff, when I shake my hair very small white particles fall out, and I have had itchy episodes - can that be causing my hair loss?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a 23 year old male and have recently become worried I might be balding at the crown. This is because my barber mentioned that I did not grow a lot of hair at the crown during my last haircut, and so by the time I am 30 I will be completely bald there. Since then I've noticed that I've been losing a lot of hair strand here and there, but I don't think it's any more than the so-called normal 25-100 stands human lose per day. I've taken some pictures but I still can't decided if I'm going bald because some of my pics seems to confirm my fears while others pic show it as normal. As for my family history, my grandfather from my father's side was completely bald. My father's brothers (3 in total) have all lost a lot of their hair on their crown and all but one sports the buzzcut/bald look. My father is the youngest and has kept his hair until recently (last year when he turned 50), now he is balding at the crown a lot. I never met my mother's father, and most of the men in her family seem to go through mild balding in their 50's. Another thing I want to mention is that I had alopecia areata when I was 19 but I got treated for it with a topical spray. Also when I was 17 I also got comments that I was balding but I realized that it was because I was mistreating my hair so I began to treat it gentler (using less harsh shampoos, treating it delicately, avoiding styling iron, avoiding hot showers) and since then I haven't gotten those comments. Anyways here are the pic I took all today, tell me your honest opinion, is this normal or no? (My hair's type is fine)
View attachment 92143 View attachment 92144 View attachment 92145 View attachment 92146 View attachment 92147 View attachment 92148 View attachment 92149 View attachment 92150

Are you Asian? I've noticed that (non-balding) Asians tend to have prominent crowns like that.