Am I allergic to finasteride??

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
As u can see on my regimen, I started using fincar 11 days ago.... yesterday I noticed that I had rashes all over my face and it still hasn't gone away.

I must add that 2 days ago I played basketball outdoors when it was over 30 degrees (sorry don't know how to convert that to fahrenheit, but trust me, it was hot)..... So the perspiration and the heat probably caused a heat rash. However, I sweat in humid weather all the time and only since I started taking finasteride did I get a heat rash this bad.

Whenever I stay indoors for a while it gets a little better, but as soon as I go outside, it just gets worse again.... is this normal behaviour for heat rashes or do you think I'm allegic to finasteride and it's making my skin sensitive?? Or maybe it could be due to the minoxidil, considering other people had skin problems associated with using it??

I'm gonna wait about a week or so and see if things get better before I take any serious action.... but any thoughts on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

beaner

Reaction score
Could be coincidence, but the same thing happened to me when I started finasteride.....seemed to get a small rash on my forehead and cheeks. It went away quickly though and doesn't seem to be a problem.

Bod

Reaction score
That is weird as I get exatly the same problem with finasteride, if I am indoors the rash is not to bad but in the sun the rash gets bad, somedays it wose than others...

Weird hah!!!

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies... it's good to hear that others have the same problems and it's not too serious.

Right now the rash has been dying down a bit. I actually think it's just a sunburn cuz the skins starting to peel off. But I still find it weird how easily I got the sunburn/heat rash considering I usually play ball under the sun all the time.... could be a coincidence, but i'm not too sure, especially since pikemonster's has the same rash problems too.

maybe finasteride makes some people's skin extra sensitive?