Am i allergic? need advice

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i used rogaine foam last night for the first time around 7pm. I wanted to use it early enough before i went to bed to be sure i didnt react negatively. I waited awhile and everything seemed perfectly fine so i went to bed around a little after 1 am. However, around 5 or 6 am i woke up all the sudden to terribly tearing up eyes which really red and puffy. It was so bad that i had to go to the bathroom and completely wash out my eyes, it stung like hell and i couldnt get back to bed for another hour or so. I also noticed a bit of a red rash on my wrist which im not sure was related

It seems like an allergic reaction, however, it didnt happen until 12 hours after i applied the stuff. Also, im the type of sleeper who tosses and turns a lot on my pillow and im pretty sure a lot of the foam residue rubbed off on my pillow (because i applied a lot and all over my head) and i could have rubbed my eyes into it inadvertently during the night.

Has this happened to anyone before? Does it sound like an allergic reaction? I want to use the foam but im afraid to apply it again. Maybe if i just used a bit on my temples? Is it worth another try? Please comment if you know ANYTHING about this or had any similar experience the first time using it, i need to know whether i can use this stuff.. Thanks.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
happened to me once recently. You probably rubbed some on your pillow and then when you tossed and turned your face rubbed into the pillow and the rogaine got into your eyes and face. Just wait for a few minutes and let it dry before you go to bed every night. Use the foam too.

T

Timi

Dogs3

i have full the same problem

i think this is a Allergic problem

Face swollen-Eyes red-Eyerings -dizzy Head
day for day

No more minoxidil

Timi

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score