Am I A Norwood 1,2,or 3?what Do You Think?

franco ongaro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think i have an evident receding hairline or not so bad?Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,635
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,659
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,557
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,375

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2. Probably best to get on finasteride and minoxidil now to slow down further loss. How old are you?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20 years old,do you think it’s bad(usually my hairs at a first look are like in the last photo)
At 20 it's atrocious. I'd get on finasteride as soon as you can, might even get a bit of regrowth in the thinning areas.

franco ongaro

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 20 it's atrocious. I'd get on finasteride as soon as you can, might even get a bit of regrowth in the thinning areas.
It’s not too bad i think,no one has ever noticed it.In the second photo it seems bad but i don’t think it is,i’ll show you how it’s the hairline on the right side in order to show you(on the left side it’s better).
Do you think it’s too bad?

Attachments

• 0FF677E5-E1F2-46FE-916A-AD512C001282.png
    0FF677E5-E1F2-46FE-916A-AD512C001282.png
    629.2 KB · Views: 622

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not too bad i think,no one has ever noticed it.In the second photo it seems bad but i don’t think it is,i’ll show you how it’s the hairline on the right side in order to show you(on the left side it’s better).
Do you think it’s too bad?
You angled the picture, but the head with the hair pulled up is telling. Overall, it's ok. for 20, it's terrible. Shows you'll be bald or balding badly in just a few years or so. You stop it now, and it'll get a bit better over time (more than likely), then in another handful of years or so, you'll be right about in the average range for around 27.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s so sure I’ll be bald?My dad isn’t nor my mom-side grandad..it’s so sure?
Your hair is like mine and I'm also 20 and I also don't have that bad of a family history. Get on treatment asap trust me. You will regret it later on if you don't.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were 30, I’d say you were lucky, but at 20 this is definitely concerning. People haven’t said anything because it doesn’t become impossible to hide until Norwood 3 or so, depending on style.

Prior to that point it’s not noticeable to anyone who doesn’t see you hair wet and pulled straight back and even then, those who aren’t used to what receding hairlines look like may not see it. The problem is this only lasts to a point and if you wait until that point to start treating it, it’s going to be too late to recover to an unnoticeable state without a hair transplant or being a one in a million responder.

It’s happening man and while no one can say for sure where you’ll end up, given your age and where it is now, I would, at the very least go get it checked by a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis so you can move past the denial phase as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You angled the picture, but the head with the hair pulled up is telling. Overall, it's ok. for 20, it's terrible. Shows you'll be bald or balding badly in just a few years or so. You stop it now, and it'll get a bit better over time (more than likely), then in another handful of years or so, you'll be right about in the average range for around 27.
Just because his hair has receded to a point, it doesn’t necessarily mean the whole lot is going to go in quick time. I’ve seen so many variations of baldness on different people. Yes, you get those who lose it all over a couple of years, but far more commonly men who start balding young end up keeping a lot more hair than they expect. I know it’s easy to start freaking out when you first notice the early signs, but follicles have highly varying lifespans. Problem is, none of us truly know if we’re a fast or slow balder. Better to take precautionary measures early in any case.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because his hair has receded to a point, it doesn’t necessarily mean the whole lot is going to go in quick time. I’ve seen so many variations of baldness on different people. Yes, you get those who lose it all over a couple of years, but far more commonly men who start balding young end up keeping a lot more hair than they expect. I know it’s easy to start freaking out when you first notice the early signs, but follicles have highly varying lifespans. Problem is, none of us truly know if we’re a fast or slow balder. Better to take precautionary measures early in any case.
Yes exactly. Start precautionary measures. Maybe 1/2 finasteride pill a day, and rogain. At least start something.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like oldnbald said it's looking bad. All that crust around the hairline is a verry bad sign. Do something or regret it later your choice. But we do wish you the best of luck.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, gotta without saying. But I wouldn't bet he'd still have hair anything like it is now in five years. Very low percentage chance.

franco ongaro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another detail:i have this hairline since i was 17/18 i suppose but maybe even before,it’s that a good or bad sign?