Alternatives to the Big 3 - not sure where to turn next

Roots95

Reaction score
I'm looking for some alternatives to the Big 3. I've moved my thread into the mainstream here in hopes of getting some advice on possible regimens. (Mods please understand this thread is not 'my story', but rather a thread about alternative regimens.)

I'm 35 and I've had hairloss for about 15 years. I'm trying to figure out what to do next in terms of a regimen and approach to my hairloss.

What I've done so far:

I was on Propecia 1 mg for about four years. I stopped taking it 2 years ago. (I decided I'm not willing to go back on it after developing a bad case of prostatitis two days after quitting. A condition which has never totally gone away. I was also tired of the sexual sides, as well as the permanent sides some people have had which I'm not interested in risking). I think Propecia did a good job of helping me keep what I had, but nothing more.

I tried 5% minoxidil last year, I was on it for about four months before quitting. I felt that my facial skin was looking kind crappy after a few months of use, and then I read how it inhibits collagen synthesis, and can possibly lead to wrinkles. So FOR ME, this is no longer an option.

I've already made up my mind regarding the Finast and minoxidil, so the purpose of my thread is not to debate their safety, but to find alternatives instead.

I feel my hairloss has continued to progress, and it effects my self esteem quite a bit. I worry about it a lot.

What I've considered as far as a new regimen:

-I have a hairmax lasercomb which I've never really given a fair chance. I bought one after my Dermontologist recommended I consider it, as he felt there is some merit to its effectiveness. I have since read a lot of people doubting it, but I'm still willing to give it a chance for a year.

-Building a laser-helmet to use instead of the lasercomb. I've seen the online directions for this, perhaps its a better way to go.

-Nizoral every other day.

-Possibly saving up to have a F.U.E. transplant done. Yet the ridiculous cost of this proceedure, as well as the commitment for subsequent proceedures bothers me a lot. It sounds like $10-30,000.

What I want to know from those here who are so informed:

-Are there any alternative treatments that I should be considering? I've read a lot of threads on this forum, and quite frankly, it's REALLY overwhelming to try to figure out what the most successful alternatives are. Everyone seems to have their own opinion, and they vary quite a bit. I'd really like to know WHAT you think is a good option, and WHY you think it's more proven than any other treatment? Do you have any studies or surveys to back it up?

I've attached some pictures of my current hairline.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[attachment=0:3o1p168w]Picture 157.jpg[/attachment:3o1p168w][attachment=1:3o1p168w]Picture 156.jpg[/attachment:3o1p168w]

Attachments

• Picture 156.jpg
    Picture 156.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,414
  • Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,415

Established Member
Reaction score
How about something similar to el_duterino's regime Link

Fluridil night
RU 58841 2% morning

you could also add Nano and Nizoral shampoos.

Do a search for RU 58841.

This is what Bryan has said about it:

I think an accurate and reasonable expectation for it would be that it has a Propecia-like effectiveness, or possibly even a bit more effective than Propecia.
Link

I think it probably is the most effective topical antiandrogen ever developed, but we desperately need human testing with it to see what impact it may have on balding (keep in mind that it's ONLY an antiandrogen, with the natural limitations that ALL antiandrogens have in that regard).

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
5920715 said:
How about something similar to el_duterino's regime Link

Fluridil night
RU 58841 2% morning

you could also add Nano and Nizoral shampoos.

Do a search for RU 58841.

This is what Bryan has said about it:

I think an accurate and reasonable expectation for it would be that it has a Propecia-like effectiveness, or possibly even a bit more effective than Propecia.
Link

[quote:32r75d6d]I think it probably is the most effective topical antiandrogen ever developed, but we desperately need human testing with it to see what impact it may have on balding (keep in mind that it's ONLY an antiandrogen, with the natural limitations that ALL antiandrogens have in that regard).
[/quote:32r75d6d]

Please, where I buy the RU 58841 ? You have pictures of him ?

Established Member
Reaction score
www f-e-lab com sells RU 58841 - you have to email them.

It's quite expensive.

According to

I use 1.2ml to 1.4ml per day. I have long curly hair and I find that is enough for most liquid topicals.

So on a quick guess it would take about 25G to last a year. About €640 (€640 ($900))US

Its €21 (€21 ($30)) per gram then €93 (€93 ($130)) for shipping. Yes shipping is a rip of.

I apply to the complete top of my head.

viewtopic.php?t=53538&p=512267#p512267

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
5920715 said:
www f-e-lab com sells RU 58841 - you have to email them.

It's quite expensive.

According to

I use 1.2ml to 1.4ml per day. I have long curly hair and I find that is enough for most liquid topicals.

So on a quick guess it would take about 25G to last a year. About €640 (€640 ($900))US

Its €21 (€21 ($30)) per gram then €93 (€93 ($130)) for shipping. Yes shipping is a rip of.

I apply to the complete top of my head.

viewtopic.php?t=53538&p=512267#p512267

Tried to buy that site but the product never :shakehead:

You know any other reliable site that sells the RU ?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Take a look at my regimen, i use topicals only.

If i could afford RU I would swap out the spironolactone for it, but its just too damn expensive.

Roots95

Reaction score
litcII said:
Roots95- did you notice if your hairloss accelerated after stopping the propecia?

Not dramatically no. But more of a gradual increase in hair loss over the past couple of years since stopping Propecia. Propecia works, don't get me wrong, it helped me keep what I had. I just don't want to go back on it after what I went through, so I'm looking for the next best thing.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Roots95 said:
Propecia works, don't get me wrong, it helped me keep what I had. I just don't want to go back on it after what I went through, so I'm looking for the next best thing.

Have you considered using Proxiphen?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would recommend copper peptides/SOD as a growth stimulant (also copper peptides are also used in anti ageing creams so it should help against the wrinkles) and topical Spironolactone as an androgen blocker