alternative to finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil?

mcfly

Reaction score
i've been fighting hairloss since i was 16. tried minoxidil first but that didn't do anything. when i turned 18 i started on finasteride and i've been using it up until a couple of months. had great results the first year but after that it's been steady declining with a big decline the last 6 months :'( i've been using nizoral for 2-3 months now but it really dries out my scalp even though i only use it every 7-10 days.

is there anything else that works that i should dry? preferably something that doesn't take up too much time because lately my hairloss has taken so much time that i'm missing out on living my life. :evil:

is there something else that could be the cause of my thinning? i've haven't really ever had any big sheds and my hairline hasn't moved back a bit, i just have thin spots around my head.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
mcfly said:
Siberian said:
Avodart perhaps?

:freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2:

i was thinking of something less health hazardous.

Why is is hazardous? A gazillion people safely take it for prostate problems already. I guess there is a slight increase in sexual side-effects though.

mcfly

Reaction score
Siberian said:
Why is is hazardous? A gazillion people safely take it for prostate problems already. I guess there is a slight increase in sexual side-effects though.

I don't want to be "balding" and have a limp d***. :cry:

Are you taking dutasteride yourself?

EDIT:

Read that you stopped taking propecia for a while. Mind if I ask why and what made you return to it? How did you feel while not taking it and did you experience anything unnormal?

I have experienced excessive armpit sweating and also on my feet after quitting finasteride. :evil:

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
mcfly said:
Read that you stopped taking propecia for a while. Mind if I ask why and what made you return to it? How did you feel while not taking it and did you experience anything unnormal?

I stopped taking it when my wife and I decided to try for a kid, as Merck hadn't yet officially proclaimed Propecia safe for use when trying to conceive.

I started taking it again when I saw Merck had finally said it was safe.

I didn't notice anything when I stopped, though my wife swears I became more frisky for a few weeks. My libido has never been very high, though the plumbing work fine when provoked, lol. But I'm probably a poor measure of Propecia's affect on libido, as there are other issues involved which contaminate the observations.

I didn't notice any other physical changes, aside from losing most of the hair I had gained.

mcfly

Reaction score
isn't there any other shampoo besides nizoral that fights dht but that you can use more often and doesn't dry the scalp as nizoral does for me.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
mcfly said:
isn't there any other shampoo besides nizoral that fights dht but that you can use more often and doesn't dry the scalp as nizoral does for me.

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo will help against baldness, expensive though.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
i would give avodart a chance. if you made it through finasteride that long without any major problems you should be okay on dutasteride.