Alpecin Shampoo Reviews Anyone? and Also my thoughts on it.

james555

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope everyones doing well,

I was reading up on Alpecin shampoo which I am sure you have heard of, and they seem to say that putting caffeine in the shampoo has some positive effects on hair.

But I found this article (here: http://www.alpecinshampooreview.com/does-the-alpecin-caffeine-shampoo-work/ ) saying that the Alpecin shampoo studies are flawed because the studies done were in a test tube environment which removes the effects of hormones and other things in the body - what do you think? Is the study flawed?

I am not taking sides with Alpecin in either case, just wondering because both sides seem convincing if one reads on it enough, but I personally don't think it would do much...

Also.... if you have used the Alpecin shampoo just for the sake of trying what happens, please do comment in as much detail...

susu

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was reading up on Alpecin shampoo which I am sure you have heard of, and they seem to say that putting caffeine in the shampoo has some positive effects on hair.

But I found this article (here: http://www.alpecinshampooreview.com/does-the-alpecin-caffeine-shampoo-work/ ) saying that the Alpecin shampoo studies are flawed because the studies done were in a test tube environment which removes the effects of hormones and other things in the body - what do you think? Is the study flawed?

I am not taking sides with Alpecin in either case, just wondering because both sides seem convincing if one reads on it enough, but I personally don't think it would do much...

Also.... if you have used the Alpecin shampoo just for the sake of trying what happens, please do comment in as much detail...

Yeah I totally agree, I am always trying to explain this to people. If it is done in an artificial environment, it is just a model of the ideal situation which is never going to happen if you are advertising to the millions. Everyone has different hair, hormones and environmental factors playing a part and it's silly to assume that alpecin can help hair growth based on that assumption, hence it is a completely overrated shampoo. I am raging about this shampoo because people seem to think it's the most amazing thing to happen to them when it is just mainly clever advertising.

But that said it has to work to some extent because I have seen people come back to buy more and leave positive feedback (although that could just be placebo effect). I have actually used alpecin for a few months and it didn't do much at all. As the guy said above you have to do alot more than shampoo to get results like improving lifestyle etc.
My brother-in-law on the other hand bought bottles and bottles even though I didn't see a significant change in his hair but he seemed convinced. Have you tried it before?

Good article though, especially on the time the hair is left to soak in the shampoo, definitely resharing.

james555

Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree, I am always trying to explain this to people. If it is done in an artificial environment, it is just a model of the ideal situation which is never going to happen if you are advertising to the millions. Everyone has different hair, hormones and environmental factors playing a part and it's silly to assume that alpecin can help hair growth based on that assumption, hence it is a completely overrated shampoo. I am raging about this shampoo because people seem to think it's the most amazing thing to happen to them when it is just mainly clever advertising.

But that said it has to work to some extent because I have seen people come back to buy more and leave positive feedback (although that could just be placebo effect). I have actually used alpecin for a few months and it didn't do much at all. As the guy said above you have to do alot more than shampoo to get results like improving lifestyle etc.
My brother-in-law on the other hand bought bottles and bottles even though I didn't see a significant change in his hair but he seemed convinced. Have you tried it before?

Good article though, especially on the time the hair is left to soak in the shampoo, definitely resharing.

Yeah i saw the adverts all over TV and central london when they were talking about it. Its almost convincing enough for an impulse buy kind of thing, if that makes sense. Because some people just dont think much into it, they want it instantly and buy it at an emotional level, rather than buying something using their head - does putting caffeine on my head actually work?" self questioning and researching.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I gave Alpecin a shot a couple years ago and never achieved any discernible improvement from it. I used it religiously for about 6-8 months. I had no expectations at the time just the typical hope that seems to eternally follow desperate individuals.
Hi Guys,