Alopecia?

Redbone

Reaction score
Never really noticed but I am now seeing tons of older women with severe Alopecia. Guess I didnt notice before because women can cover it up better than men. It seems nearly as prominent in women as it is in men. I recently started a job in a female dominated facility, average age is 53yrs and the Alopecia is out of control. Anyone else ever notice this?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeap I've noticed it as well. It only seems to be prevalent in older woman, 50+. The ones I've noticed just have very thin hair with minimal scalp exposure. Have yet to see any that are actually bald.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Funny you should mention it, but just last week I was shipping a package at the FedEx post and the woman at the counter was definitely an alopecia sufferer. The entire top gradient of her hair was thin and short, definite alopecia. I wanted SO badly to take her aside and say, hey, your hair is right on the VERGE. She had good coverage and her hair still stood up, good roots... but she was thinning very noticeably. I wished I could have taken her aside and said you can STOP it if you take action NOW and go to HairLossTalk.com dot com or heralopecia dot com and get the facts! But, discretion got the better of me and I just signed my forms and paid my fee and walked out. Some things are just too complicated to mention to strangers, you know?

Redbone

Reaction score
True Gardner and you know what she probably wouldnt have cared either, those women usually dont and your right I am speaking specifically about thinnng alopecia not the bald spot which I am glad I am yet to see. Though my girlfriend the hairstylist has seen a women who wears a full hair piece and she is like a NW7 full crown with the hair only on the sides. She has to go in a private room to avoid embarrassment when she gets a haircut-