Alopecia Areata Question That I Have For You All

Tobias Rieper

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have alopecia areata. It started as a spot on my arm, some areas of my legs, and under my chin, and it was like that for years, and I had no idea that it was alopecia. I had always assumed it was just some weird gene from puberty where hair just never grew in those spots. Then, last May, I noticed that my facial hair was a lot more patchy, I was missing eyelashes of my right eye, and had what looked like a cut of hair gone on my right eyebrow. I went to the doctor thinking maybe it was a bad thyroid or something along those lines and got blood work done, and was sent to a dermatologist.

This was when I was told that I had this condition. I got treatment from oral steroids, and they seemed to help the hair I had grow more, and prevent further hair from falling out, but never fixed the patches.

I went a few months after treatment, and by that point I had even less facial hair growing and my right eyebrow was completely gone by now. This time he gave me the steroid and a topical cream. This didn’t help much at all.

I have had long hair for a long time, and loved my hair. I decided to get it cut down to a crew cut for a change, as I had this hairstyle in the past and loved it. This is when I discovered I also had spots all over the back of my head. So soon after, I decided to shave my entire head, and have kept it that way. I have stopped treatment as I’ve decided to just accept this. I’m losing more hair every week it seems too, but very slowly.

Now that I’ve given some backstory, I’d like to ask my question, but before I do that I want to say I’m sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I am in desperate need of an answer and don’t know where else to go. I’m not familiar with this forum platform, either.. so here’s my question...

Is there any way for me to speed up the hair loss? I would like to try to just lose it all on my head. I’m tired of constantly shaving my head and being afraid to cut it and make me look worse than I already do. Has anyone tried anything to keep themselves bald that has worked for them besides hair removal surgery?

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for your condition my friend, and as i understand your situation i believe you’re heading for alopecia universalis.

I hope you know about auto immune & its relation to your bald patches. These generally happen when you’re physically or mentally stressed. Hence your nervous system goes rouge, so cut on all sources of stress. Mediate, gluten free diet, no dairy products & more importantly no adulteration. Most likely you’ll start to regain your ground that you’ve lost.

Dude you’re 22, don’t act like a kid. Autoimmune can be reversed, and since you wanna speed up the process you do the opposite of what i’ve suggested. Auto immune comes in bundle, if you only have witnessed hair loss then read about lupus, ms etc. So let it go naturally, don’t dare to “ FLARE” your simptoms.

Stay healthy & also you won’t get a high response here as most people are dealing with androgentic alopecia.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although feel sorry for your situation @Tobias Rieper, that is a
very stupid question to ask.

I'm sorry, but if you want to shave your head, take the clippers and do it.

You have to be happy with your look.

But why the f*** would you want to speed it up?

Tobias Rieper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I’d rather be completely bald or have it all grow back instead of losing hair all over the place at random times. Having to shave my head twice a day to hide that I’m losing hair, etc. but I get what you’re all saying. I’m just going to have to deal with it.