Almost Two Years, And Good Results So Far

jcvp

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I started looking for hair loss information, there were so many bad stories that I made the promise that, if I were having results, I would come back and post about it.

It is true that once you start seeing results, you no longer worry about this and it is very hard to come back and post updates. When I started worrying about hair loss I got in the forums at least 3 times a week. Now It's been I think more than a year since my last search. And I almost forgot about my promise.

My results after 1.5 years while using:

Rogaine foam (first 6 months in generic, one additional year in rogaine foam, for a total of 1.5 years)
1mg (1/5 of 5mg) generic finasteride (for the last year)

As you can see in the photos, my crown has improved a lot. My temples have not recovered, and the hairloss in that area may have even advanced a little more than before. But well, I still have hair, and the hairloss on the temples is mostly noticeable when the hair is wet. When its dry everything is ok.

I dont want to write a very long post, so, long story short, I did had a lot of shredding phases, even up to the year, even after seeing very good results within the first months. Some of the shredding phases took me to the point that I thought it wouldnt work. Fortunately I dindt gave up in the treatment, and results started to be more consistent.

No loss of libido, no side effects, small but noticeable change in sperm density. After a while that effect started to fade away and I think its very normal now.

Generic minoxidil gave my very very very bad scaling. Even when using nizoral. Changed to foam, and scaling stopped.

In general, Im doing good, and people no longer talk about my hairloss.

Sorry for bad english. I am kind of tired and I m not native in english.

EDIT: JUST CHECKED THAT I CREATED THE ACCOUNT IN NOVEMBER, SO 1.5 HALF YEARS ON MINOXIDIL, 1 YEAR ON FINASTERIDE.

Attachments

• starting point.JPG
    starting point.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 2 years.JPG
    2 years.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,340
  • 2 years 2.JPG
    2 years 2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 2 years temples strong light.JPG
    2 years temples strong light.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 2 years temples natural light.JPG
    2 years temples natural light.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,319
  • 2 years almost.JPG
    2 years almost.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 1 month.JPG
    1 month.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 3 or 4 months, only minoxidil when hair grew back.JPG
    3 or 4 months, only minoxidil when hair grew back.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,313
  • 1 month short.JPG
    1 month short.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited:

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and posting results.

I think it'd be helpful for other members if you can provide some details regarding results from your timeline when you started noticing results.

1. When you started Minoxidil for 5 months ---> any shed? how'd it go without Finasteride.
2. When you added Finasteride ---> any shed? I myself notice minimal shedding on Finasteride alone, no Minoxidil.