almost 2 years on regime, what to do next?

chin311

Reaction score
OK, so i've been on 1/4 proscar, once a day 5% minx, and 3000mg msm a day, for coming up on 2 years. i started before my 19 birthday when i noticed the frontal thinning, recession. ill get pics up as soon as i can, at different dates over time.

i know for a fact it helped me, whether it be the finasteride or minx, or both, for a while i had really thicken'd up, almost to a not noticeable point, but over the past few months i seem to have went downhill pretty noticeably, more hairs shedding, seems that the thinning is headed more towards the top/back of my head.

just wondering, is this a phase / shedding point, or am i starting not to respond? what should i do next? id say im a norwood 2ish, with many thin/short hairs on the temples/ front, where it seems not to grow up to par with the rest of my head as far as thickness/length goes.

any ideas?

chin311

Reaction score
noorur said:
dutasteride ??

how mcuh more is it?

should i pull it out already...i wont even be 21 til april...
lol

will there be a big shift from Propecia to dutasteride?

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
Stick with the current regimen. you are just going through a cycle of shed.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Many people notice declining effectiveness of propecia after the two year mark, I certainly did.

You could either switch the 5% minoxidil for a 15% solution or switch the propecia for dutasteride.

The dutasteride would be my preferred option.

misterium

Reaction score
I think the effectiveness of finasteride for me is starting to get better after the 1 year mark, actually.

I look forward to this next year being much better.. but I will see at my 2 year mark (around July/August 06) just how I feel.. and I may add minoxidil then.

chin311

Reaction score
so whats the deal with dutasteride?

the usual monthly cost, the effects, the known studies, etc?

i havent read up about it at all, ive been off the boards since my reg. has been workin pretty good.

my hair hasnt been all that GREAT since about july. since then its been downhill, now being the worst point...idk if its the weather, but im not sure what to do. i really cant afford to spend MORE money but ill do what it takesss....