Allergic Reaction To Finasteride? Please Help!

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'll try to keep it short and simple: I've been on finasteride for about 2 weeks now and I've pretty much had a stuffy nose for at least a week.

Now, I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this? Is it an allergic reaction or just a side effect that is caused by finasteride?

I googled finasteride allergic reaction and it said that difficulty breathing is a sign of an allergic reaction.

difficulty breathing = stuffed nose?

Any advice is appreciated, this has actually made me extremely worried since I feel like finasteride is actually working for me

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Retinoid I still don't understand your issue man. I am seriously feeling bad about this because it could mean that I have difficulty breathing which is a sign of allergies. Help me out instead please?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Retinoid I still don't understand your issue man. I am seriously feeling bad about this because it could mean that I have difficulty breathing which is a sign of allergies. Help me out instead please?

What do you want anyone to say? You spent months debating about taking the damn drug, then decided to but it was delayed and you were upset, then you started taking it and got a stuffy nose and made at least two threads about it. Stop taking it and wait for it to resolve and then take it again to see if it comes back!!! Or maybe make more threads. Your choice.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you want anyone to say? You spent months debating about taking the damn drug, then decided to but it was delayed and you were upset, then you started taking it and got a stuffy nose and made at least two threads about it. Stop taking it and wait for it to resolve and then take it again to see if it comes back!!! Or maybe make more threads. Your choice.

It's not as easy as you make it sound dude. if i get off finasteride which i highly dont want to i will lose my hair again. and if this is due to an allergic reaction it could be harmful dude. but ofc you don't get this since you've had 0 issues with finasteride. I get it dude

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure you scavenged through this whole forum and prob others to find real people with the same sides. I’m also pretty sure you haven’t found anyone who personally said they had congestion as a side.

It took you a while to get on finasteride in the first place because you were worried about sides. Don’t you think your side effect anxiety could be to blame? Congestion is probably the most common ailment and can be traced back to literally anything.

Wouldn’t it make more sense that you’re just experiencing some coincidental common congestion rather than a side effect that hasn’t really been reported on this website (as far as I know)

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not as easy as you make it sound dude. if i get off finasteride which i highly dont want to i will lose my hair again. and if this is due to an allergic reaction it could be harmful dude. but ofc you don't get this since you've had 0 issues with finasteride. I get it dude

I don't overanalyze

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm allergic to finasteride as well. That's why I chose dutasteride instead.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure you scavenged through this whole forum and prob others to find real people with the same sides. I’m also pretty sure you haven’t found anyone who personally said they had congestion as a side.

It took you a while to get on finasteride in the first place because you were worried about sides. Don’t you think your side effect anxiety could be to blame? Congestion is probably the most common ailment and can be traced back to literally anything.

Wouldn’t it make more sense that you’re just experiencing some coincidental common congestion rather than a side effect that hasn’t really been reported on this website (as far as I know)

I hope so. I usuaully dont worry about things like a congestion but if it lasts for 7 days it gets worrying...

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not allergic to finasteride.

Allergys happen straight away after consuming.

difficulty swallowing/ breathing, welts, severe swelling. I have a sensitivity to ibuprofen as I'm asthmatic, but true allergic reactions to consuming food/ drugs are severe and you normally need medical assistance.

It's more likely just a coincidence.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not allergic to finasteride.

Allergys happen straight away after consuming.

difficulty swallowing/ breathing, welts, severe swelling. I have a sensitivity to ibuprofen as I'm asthmatic, but true allergic reactions to consuming food/ drugs are severe and you normally need medical assistance.

It's more likely just a coincidence.

stuffed nose doesnt necessarily mean difficulty breathing? english aint my native language but thats the first thought i had.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
stuffed nose doesnt necessarily mean difficulty breathing? english aint my native language but thats the first thought i had.

Stuffy nose will make it more difficult to breath through your nose but is implied is that you can't breath even through your mouth due to swelling in your throat and internals with an allergic reaction.

Allergic reactions generally have a very rapid onset and are severe. You have nothing to worry about

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, difficulty breathing is more like you don't feel the air hitting your lungs/chest tightness. Stuffy nose wouldn't count under that.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What signs did you have? Did you have a stuffy nose aswell or other signs?
I was just being sarcastic. I was never on finasteride in the first place.

If you think there is a correlation between your sudden allergy and finasteride, then just take a break and see what happens. Personally I think it's just a nocebo effect, so basically a mind over matter situation, which is rather sticky.