Allergic Reaction = Permanent Hair Loss?

Kamrooz

Reaction score
First time poster guys ^_^. Would just like to say hi first off before I start my post.

But here's the issues, I'm 24 (just turned in June), and actually have a full head of hair. I use to have a lot more and I always found trouble styling my extremely thick hair. But I ended up using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine for around a 6 month period...I noticed my hair gradually increasing in falling over time...At times when using the shampoo I had some itching scenarios but it didn't always happen. After a few months I noticed my hair line was becoming more and more visible, stupid of me to continue using the shampoo but I did for an additional 2 months. It was about 6-8 months or so before I quit using it and switching to a higher quality shampoo, got some tea tree oil shampoo for dandruff issues and a dif conditioner (been using them for about 3 months now). My hair loss has nearly completely stopped (obviously not fully since we all lose hair naturally, but I lose a TINY FRACTION of what I did), during the garnier days I would lose literally around 50-100 strands in the shower...giant globs of hair. But now, very little comes out (I have long hair btw)...But my hair line is very visible now due to using Garnier Fructis for so long....So here's my main question...

Will my hair grow back with time since I've stopped using it? My dad was bald on the top of his head, my brother also balded similar to my father. But I have members in my family with full thick hair, and I believe I got those genes considering how massive a stop in hair loss I got once I stopped using Garnier....Has using Garnier Fructis permanently made me lose the hair that have fallen?..Or will it grow back with time since it was an allergic reaction?...I notice numerous strands growing from my scalp, but it's no where near what I use to have just a year or two ago...Any advice or comments will help, thanks guys ^_^.