All you need to know about Liquid spironolactone

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who is trying that ?
With enough PG in the solution it should work.
Instead of having to look the forum for bits and pieces can you guys use this thread to update us on liquid spironolactone and cream spironolactone too.

Thanks

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read that spironolactone and minoxidil react over time. However, would it work to dissolve a small amount of spironolactone in a 5% rogaine dose and use right away?

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would react and stink a lot. Do not mix spironolactone and minoxidil in the same container, apply them one after another.

Fleur de lis

Reaction score
I'm a chick :) But use Topical spironolactone--for the last year--it works

I have it compounded at Murray Ave Apothacary in Pittsburgh

Dr. Lee's office told me about this pharmacy

It does not stink--even when I work-out with it on

DH says it smells like bubble-gum, or strawberries---the scent is called "shower fresh"

Might not be the scent for the gents---but they do a good job of compounding without an offensive smell--ask them for your scent choices...

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the dual application (one after another) approach is terribly inconvenient, and my scalp hates creams but loves liquids. I think the above posts help point out how the suppliers of hair loss products can use their weight to influence the science. I have absolutely nothing against Dr. Lee or any of the apothecaries, but since a monthly minoxidil/spironolactone mixture cannot be sold due to their inevitable reacting with one another, anyone in the business would necessarily recommend such a dual application. They also get the bonus of being able to sell the hair loss consumer two different products, when a potentially simpler and less irritating one might suffice.

Let me explain what I mean, if it’s not clear. Obviously, with the dual application approach, spironolactone and minoxidil still do contact and mix with one another for T minus 20 min. so it would seem their mixing presents no problem at all in the short period of time for absorption. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be the instructions of applying the spironolactone 20 min. after the minoxidil, but rather several hours afterward. I realize the spironolactone cream in theory is supposed to form a protective band around the minoxidil to aid its absorption, but still. I guess this question is best suited to the amateur chemists or pharmacologists around here. Perhaps it’s a very simple question. Will the crushed spironolactone significantly jeopardize the activity of 5% minoxidil?

As an experiment, I dissolved 25mg spironolactone tablet in 1mL 5% minoxidil. After more than an hour, there was still no odor. Having left some wet spironolactone pills around, I am familiar with the horrific dead animal odor.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:whaasup:
I was asking if it works.. Thanks fleur
, but obviously would like to see also what guys think.. anyone ?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Topical spironolactone is a weak antiandrogen. It will help a little but for most it wont be strong enough. You would have to use it twice per day and it smells funky.

Judging from your other posts waynakyo your using RU. Why do you want to use topical spironolactone for?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
because i would like to do anything to go back 2 years in time, when my hair was still quite thick.. i am not sure if that s possible for me, but i have seen people who managed

i have diffuse thinning + bald spot on crown.. you think thickening hairs is possible ? .. they r not dead yet.

i even recently started applying RU twice

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its possible.

What is your regimen to try and achieve this goal of yours first though?

Secondly, how long have you been using RU for now?