ALL Proscar users

djthomas85

Reaction score
im only posting this because im not getting any success so far.
i started with finpecia for 3 months then moved onto proscar(been on for 45 days) and so far have had no results whatsoever, ive only thinned further.

this might be a silly thing to think; but because im not getting any results im beggining to blame things, and at the moment im thinking that the cut proscar pill dissolves prematurley once enters the mouth (hence lowering the effects from the pill) unlike a propecia pill which takes longer as it hasnt been cut.

can i have some opinions on the the silly thoery of mine and my actual situation.

thankyou!
dave

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Cutting the proscar shouldn't be a problem....remember, women aren't even supposed to touch the stuff as it can get into the body through the skin! Once it's in your mouth it should be fine.

I think we started at roughly the same time. I've been on finasteride for almost 5 months and my hair has only thinned further. :( Hopefully we're only seeing the results of finasteride induced shedding and all the shed hairs we've lost will hopefully be replaced by stronger ones.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The worrying thing is Taug is like 7 months in and still thinning. So are we all heading for the non responder queue.

Are there many here who got beyond 3-4 months continued to thin but eventually things turned around..we would be keen to hear from them as it might give us hope.

At what pt shold we consider dutasteride or should we just stay as we are on finasteride to a year or more.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I notice all 3 of you guys are shooting minoxidil in one way or another .. is it more likely it's that making your hair thin ??

when did you guys start shedding? I'm 2.5 months into finasteride (only) and starting to get nervous as i get closer to month 3 lol ... have had no sheds so far ;)

djthomas85:

dude your hair looks f*****g awesome. c*** !! :)

edit:
"runt" ?? allow this annoying swear-word filter :(. you can guess what 'runt' is supposed to be :p

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Im using Fincar, I dont think it should be a problem, as long as its in your system thats all that counts. Doesnt matter where it absorbs I think. No status to report, only started it one week ago. No sides.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
I notice all 3 of you guys are shooting minoxidil in one way or another .. is it more likely it's that making your hair thin ??

when did you guys start shedding? I'm 2.5 months into finasteride (only) and starting to get nervous as i get closer to month 3 lol ... have had no sheds so far ;)

djthomas85:

dude your hair looks f****ing awesome. runt !! :)

edit:
"runt" ?? allow this annoying swear-word filter :(. you can guess what 'runt' is supposed to be :p

Shooting minoxidil? Hahah I like that! :lol:

Anyway I've only been 'using' for about a week, so I don't think it's that. Hell I've been shedding pretty much since I started finasteride... though because my hair is longer than it was before I started, it's possible I'm just noticing more falling out as it's more obvious with longer strands - I just can't be sure! But I'm constantly finding hairs on my shoulders.

I'm going to give finasteride another 6/7 months; if my hair keeps getting worse than I will move to Dutasteride.

But I can't see why this is bloody well happening to me so young. Next time I see my Doctor (if it hasn't got better) I'm going to demand blood test to see if there's something more serious wrong. From what I've been told nobody in my family started thinning as young as me.

My doctor told me that I am underweight though. My BMI is 18 (I'm 6ft but weigh about 9 1/2 stone) does anyone think that could be contributing?

djthomas85

Reaction score
i just dont know what the bloody hell to do.
i know finasteride is far higher than minoxidil on the effectiveness list, and im therefore thinking of ditching minoxidil.

this is so fustrating, id be really interested in knowing the time period of results from the proscar users?

djthomas85

Reaction score
flimflam said:

djthomas85:

dude your hair looks f****ing awesome. runt !! :)

edit:

thanks for the comment btw mate, that picture was taken about 10 months ago, its actually thinned abit more since then.
this time last year i didnt consider the problem at all, but as my dad is bald i was very quick to act once i began to notice it(very early).