albertaguirre's Story

albertaguirre

Reaction score
I cant express how happy i am that I have stumbled upon this forum. I am a first timer here and so happy to post my message.

When I was 23 I started noticing hair on my pillow in the morning. Since i was immature and thought my hair was endless I ignored it.

After a few years I started seeing it more and more and I felt pain whenever someone moved my hair, like if they rubbed my head. It was a strange scalp pain.

When I was 26 I got married. One day I was sitting and watching TV and my wife started to massage my scalp. I almost got high from the massage. It was like my scalp needed it so badly and my body was craving circulation. I started to think that maybe I was experiencing hairloss due to bad circulation.

Well I ignored it for several years (stupid eh?) until my early thirties when the hair loss was very noticable.

Well, I finally started working on increasing my circulation with self massaging and, embarrased to say, watching TV upside down to move blood to the top of my head. (so embarrased... ugh!). This caused my scalp to be engourged with blood. I could feel it swell after a half hour or so. I did get headaches from it but got used to it.

Anyway, I noticed something very interesting. My scalp pain went away after a few months and the massages were less and less enjoyable, I mean I didnt get that "high" feeling when I did it.

I still had some hair loss but it was reduced significantly.

Then I went to the Bosley hair loss center ($5000 for my translplant, cant afford it) and he mentioned Propecia and explained it. So I bought generic propecia (finasteride) and HOLY COW what a difference.

I noticed it first after about 6 months, but now a year later my bald spots have really covered up alot. Still a little thin but wow what a difference!

I have long hair and when I put it back in a pony tail I have, what my stylist calls, fly away hairs. These are hairs that I cannot capture in my pony tail because they are too short. This is regrowth hair.

For instance, my pony tail hair is approx 10 to 12 inches long but these fly away hairs are 5 inches or so, so they stick out of the top of my head and are out of control... hee hee hee... Thank you finasteride!

Anyways, I see that the combination of increased circulation and generic propecia have helped.

My questions are, do you agree?
Is some hair loss caused by poor circulation?
Is there anything else I need to add to help regrow more hair? (monoxadil?)

Still studying this. Dont know enough..

Thanx for reading...

-Albert

G

Hi albertaguirre,

Like you when I first noticed my hair loss I started to do the massage thing. I do think it can benefit in some ways. I just got lazy and forgot to do it. Now that I am also on Poscar maybe I should start the massage thing again.

Congrats on your success!!

G

:D First off Im glad things are working out for you albertaguirre i wish you much more success.I was actually gonna ask the question here on the forums about blood circulation after i heard that the chinese belive that if you had enough blood going to the head hairloss wouldnt be such a big problem,I was thinking about lying with my head off the bed upside down to get some blood flowing lol so its funny you brought it up maybe ill give it a try now :) .