After the big 3, folligen or spironolactone?

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
It's time to add something new to the mix, but I'm not sure which one to go for.

I know that neither has solid research behind them the likes of minoxidil, but which is more likely to help with my hairline?

Thanks.

Cassin

Reaction score
In my opinion

Copper-Peptides are always the next option. Cheap add-on, those bottles last a long time.

My current bottle of Tricomin ran out last week after 5 or 6 months of use and I used about 1 ML a day for 6 days a week on average.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Hey Cassin, we're talking about making our own homemade copper peptide over at HLH. It's under Joe's post about "trying a new treatment". Why don't you read that thread and give us some ideas?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Cassin said:
In my opinion

Copper-Peptides are always the next option. Cheap add-on, those bottles last a long time.

My current bottle of Tricomin ran out last week after 5 or 6 months of use and I used about 1 ML a day for 6 days a week on average.

f*** An A!

Cassin

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Hey Cassin, we're talking about making our own homemade copper peptide over at HLH. It's under Joe's post about "trying a new treatment". Why don't you read that thread and give us some ideas?

What an interesting thread. But as you can read, as with all detailed and in depth copper-peptide threads, we see how much speculation surrounds Copper-Peptides. Especially the two most common forms found in Tricomin and Folligen.

We know what forms of Copper-Peptides are in each formula, but the concentrations remain a mystery. And most of them lack specific studies to back the specific CP.

Now, that doesn't mean either is better than the other, but to make our own Copper-Peptide we lack the proper information on what makes the solution useful especially in the case of folligen. OK lets say we knew what exactly to make, from what I understand the most difficult aspect of processing our own homemade version of Copper-Peptides is the filtering process. Dr Pickart told to me this is so difficult that even with his machinery he must "filter Folligen twice." Even with his filtration you cannot get all of the debris out of the solution. Some people can take their 8oz bottle of Folligen that is somewhat empty, tip it to it’s side and they will notice what looks like dyed corn flakes floating in the solution. This is what Dr Pickarts compares to a "bottle of fine wine."

This is what happened to me with a bottle of folligen, I prefer Amstel Light sir.

Another issue is the coloring you will find, if not filtered properly, you could stain your scalp and if not concentrated enough, you could burn it as well.

This remind me of a gift my old buddy once bought me, it was a homemade beer kit. A neat gift that was fun to explore. When I finished making my 3rd 2 liter bottle of beer I was wondering what the point was. Yeah it only cost $40 or so for such a massive amount, but down the street I could get beer. Yeah I will pay more money for less product, but my time was better spent and I knew it was made right .........and it sure tasted better............trust me.

So anyway, whats the point of producing it myself? $47 for a bottle of Tricomin and a few extra for shipping, sounds good to me for something I will use for half a year.

Now if were talking spironolactone, I might look into that if I ever come to using it.

Thanks for pointing out that thread to me, that was fun to read.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Cassin, how did you like tricomin? I liked folligen much more, but couldn't take the natural coloring that it left in my hair even after shampooing. I have since switched to folligen for blondes lotion along with emu oil. Nothing but highest compliments of this so far. Two months in though.

Haven't talked to you in a while cassin, hope all is well brother.

Cassin

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Cassin, how did you like tricomin? I liked folligen much more, but couldn't take the natural coloring that it left in my hair even after shampooing. I have since switched to folligen for blondes lotion along with emu oil. Nothing but highest compliments of this so far. Two months in though.

I love it. Tricomin is run through detergents to clear it of the green color, the it is re-dyed with a blueish coloring to give it a "product look." I love the stuff, it makes my scalp feel great, my only complaint is it makes your hair grow fast, I like my hair short.

ShedMaster said:
Haven't talked to you in a while cassin, hope all is well brother.

All is well my friend, yeah it has been awhile, maybe we should get Sunday HairLossTalk.com chat running again, it was popluar when we advertised it.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Yes everything is going pretty well for me, I have been down many different roads in my search for hair loss 'eutopia' and exploration with what I want to do with life. But I am definetely having fun and am pretty excited on what could be a new life change in careers. (finger's crossed)

Hit me up on the PM or email one of these times and well talk man.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sorry Cassin but i got to ask - That you in your avatar? i remember you saying you use to have long hair...I cannot remember you saying you had a tash, but Americans are quite fond of mustaches. :D

HairlossCA

Reaction score
Hey guys

I don't know much about copper peptides--are they a growth stimulant? Do they also protect the follicle? I am on finasteride, nizoral and spironolactone but I seem to be losing the battle with maintenance. Would be thrilled to just hold steady where I am--

Is the Tricomin application process fairly simple?