After 14 Years, I Lost My Best Friend Today.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
She was the sweetest dog ever. Every night, she would jump on my bed, rub up against me and put her face on my face and lick me. No human, including my own family has every compared.

I adopted her when she was 6 months old. She was abused and beaten and was submissive the entire 14 years she was with me.

When I started seriously losing my hair 2 years ago, I abandoned most human connection. Why? because it was indeed conditional. My best friends were still my friends, but you could tell, even with them that a little bit was lost.

I have been completely alone these years, except for her. I would love the unconditional, loyal love she would offer. We spent almost every minute together, even when I was working. She would always run up to me with a paint nap, or a rag in her mouth, shaking her head so proud, like it was a dead rabbit.

If you have an animal you truly love in your life, don't ever take that for granted. It is the most beautiful thing any one could ever ask for. It's pure. It's unconditional. It's simply everything life should be.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really sorry dude. Having someone to share your life with, someone who will always be there for you and support you when you fall (and hair loss sufferers fall plenty) is special, and when you lose that, life can seem empty. I hope that your dog is in a better place and that you find strength to continue, and one day love will come into your life again.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry Buckthorn..

thank you... it's just a gut wrenching feeling knowing you've pretty much abandoned people and have hinged everything on the love and support of a dog... she had a brain tumor. through out this year, she stopped recognizing me. She would get up at four in the morning, walk to the door, like we were going out, start walking in circles, then just fall down and have seizures.

Obviously, I knew I would outlive her. I just didn't expect such a dramatic, devastating end. The love of a dog trumps human love in every single way. :)