Affordability

TheGreatRadish

Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old student and I've been suffering from hairloss for a couple of years and now it's really beginning to show and accelerate rapidly. As you can imagine, at my age it's an acute embarassment. Now's the time to do something about it, sure. However, I've got no money and I won't have until I graduate and get a job in 2 years.

I could lose alot of hair in two years :cry: I need to start now but I also need to be able to pay for it. Can anyone suggest a method of paying as little as possible for good results. I know if it was that simple you'd all be doing it but just something achievable would be good. My disposable income is pretty non-existent, maybe £20-30 a month at the most. What's that, about $30-50?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm why not get a part time 10 hour a week job?

The Gardener

Reaction score
sh*t, radish, you don't have a lot of funding to play with. The cheapest proven treatment is Minoxidil. I'm not sure what it goes for in the UK, but you can get generic minoxidil here in the States for under $10 a month.

I know there are other Britons on the board here... can anyone help direct this fellow to a good source of generic minoxidil in the UK?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I know there are other Britons on the board here... can anyone help direct this fellow to a good source of generic minoxidil in the UK?

Cheap minoxidil from the UK :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, the best place I've found for minoxidil is minoxidilshop.com. A four bottle pack of Kirkland's generic minoxidil is $30 and the international air mail shipping about another $18 so that's less than 30 quid for a 4 month supply.

From planetdrugstore.com you can get a pack of 30 Merck Proscar (4 months worth as you quarter the tablets) delivered for not much over 35 Pounds, though the current Exchange rate will affect this.

Just in case you're wondering I've never had any problems with Customs & Excise demanding VAT or any import payments.

Slarti