advise please!!

leeds

Reaction score
45,kicking around the idea of H\T, interested in a DR called ALBA REYES in dominican republic. say's i may need up to 8000 graphs $ 4200 per procedure,includes 3 nights in 4 star "all in" resort.she seems to know what she is talking about [what do i know?], anyone with any experience with her? anyone want to talk me INTO\OUTOF H\T in general,or any and all views welcome. a pinch of preparation is better than a ton of cure. thanks

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not going to get 8000 grafts in one procedure so how many procedures did she say you would need? How much per graft?

CCS

Reaction score
50 cents per graft sounds like hair plugs not micro grafts. they count all the hairs in the graft, but the blug has at least 20 hairs.

you can't get 8000 in 30 procedures. most people can't even donate 8000 grafts. 4000-8000 is the maximum people can donate in their life and not have serious cosmetic problems in the back.

it would take at least 3 procedures to do that many. and they would be big procedures.

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a few problems you could run into with a hair transplant - pitting, scarring, cobblestoning, poor growth, unnatural hairline, pluggy doll hair look, numbness, nerve damage, permanent redness, wrong hair angles, wide ugly donar scar... just to name a few.

Still want to take a chance on a doctor just because he/she charges less?

leeds

Reaction score
said at least 2 procedures, limited only by donor amount and have to be 4 months apart. asked the same ? on an other site and the guy said he met her ,saw state of art office and she talked him out of it,he went another route, considers her honest. i just wish someone heard of her!!

CCS

Reaction score
any office looks state of the art to someone who does not know what to look for. just because it had tile and the AC sounded high tech and the ceiling is made out of something other than fiber glass squares does not mean anything. only the techniques and size of the blads and type of stiches matters. and the use of computer screans for magnification when seeing the donor strip.

4000 in one day is a huge amount. Everyone I heard of had a hotel stay and 2-3 day procedure when they did that much.

You have to ask how many "grafts" are put into your scalp at a time, since blug doctors call individual hairs grafts, even though the actual thing getting put in your scalp has 10-25 hairs in it. Make sure the doctor take follicular units of 1-3 hairs that are naturally together in groups and puts those individual 1-3 hair groups into small 1mm slits, with different sized blades for different sized groups.

Do not do slot grafts, blugs, mini grafts, or a list of other synonyms gilator can list here.

i repeat, many plug doctors will take 100 hairs on a strip, cut it into 10 pieces of 10 hairs each, put that in your scalp, and say they gave you 100 grafts, when they only gave you 100 hairs and 10 actual grafts. you have to ask the right questions so they can't slip out of them.