Advice Please

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, About 7 weeks ago i started using Regaine Extra strength minoxidil 5%. Im basically loosing the hair on the front at both sides and iv started using it on the front hairline. After using this now for 7 weeks i'm noticing its looking worse then when i started and my scalp is beinging to get itchy. I know it says on the box it can cause this, so unless it gets worse its something i can live with. But basically im asking if you lot have had any experence of using this on the sides and front. and has this stuff completely runed my hair now? or if i deicde to stop using it will what hair i shed re-grow?

Thanks for any advice.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don´t stop using it. Sometimes hair gets worse before it improves. minoxidil is not going, by any means,to make your hair worse.

But if you discontinue your treatment, it´s not going to make your hair better.

If you experience itching or redness, it could (very possibly) be the ppg in the minoxidil (alcohol solution base), not the minoxidil itself. Try ppg-free minoxidil, I think Dr. Lee sells some of those in his webpage.

I use regular ppg-based minoxidil solution, so I don´t exactly know the name of the product and cost, but surely some of the users will chime in here and tell you.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, Thanks solo. Would you or anyone else happen to know weather this can improve the hair at the front and both sides or is it basically for the top of the head? (sorry i dont know the correct terms).

Also how long did you all wait before you could see signs of it working? due to all i can see now is my hair is getting thiner and looking worse then when i started and iv been using it twice a day for 7 weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, ,y regimen actually made some marginal improvement in my hairline. and I don´t even want to treat it, as my hairloss is mainly noticeable on top/vertex.

It is said that minoxidil works in hairline, but the new hairs that minoxidil make appear are vellous-like, as reported by users in this forum.

My dermatology said to me that I have to stay a year on a treatment before he could do any assesment about results.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi, So basically there isnt much point in me staying on just minoxidil then due to its causing my hair to fall out and it prob wont cause any re grooth? Could anyone recommend other treatment (im not taking tables oh) for hair loss for the front and sides on the scalp?

Thanks