advice on cleaning your lace .... Suggestions please.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Aaahhh you got one mate!

Yes I agree it's a very focused stream but I only focus on the problem areas, one at a time. Normally the whole front isn't baked in glue that I couldn't take off with cotton wool & IPA, just a few problem areas. What do you spray on the lace before you use the flosser? I've read others on here say that spraying C-22 on the lace just leads to faster shedding. You experienced any of that?

With the current glue I use, cotton wool & IPA is fine for taking it all off and I just use the water flosser to really get it squeaky clean.
It has been soaked in either C22 or Hairdirect's citrus solvent. Then I scrub the other layers off with a knife, cotton and then only the remaining that's inbetween holes gets water flosser.

What's IPA?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I also use a full french lace and immerse the base into alcohol first and when it is soaking and breaking the tape I spray C-22 on the hair. It works for me but I always hear contradicting opinions about soaking the base in the alcohol. Does it do damage to hair, I wonder?
You spray C22 from the hair side? Why?

duce

My Regimen
Reaction score
You spray C22 from the hair side? Why?
C22 is very expensive in my country because of import and taxes. So I have to use it in moderation. I just spray enough on the hair side and it does its job.

Last edited:

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been soaked in either C22 or Hairdirect's citrus solvent. Then I scrub the other layers off with a knife, cotton and then only the remaining that's inbetween holes gets water flosser.

What's IPA?
Interesting. From the first days where I made a huge mess and had no idea what to do, I've completely stopped solvent soaking. I spray both sides of the lace with C-22 because the most problematic areas are when the glue has seeped through to the other side of the lace and you can't get to it with cotton wool. Once I spray both sides I kind of squeeze the lace get the solvent into the holes. I then just use the water flosser and it seems to get rid of it all. Therefore have found I don't need the soaks anymore.

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Interesting. From the first days where I made a huge mess and had no idea what to do, I've completely stopped solvent soaking. I spray both sides of the lace with C-22 because the most problematic areas are when the glue has seeped through to the other side of the lace and you can't get to it with cotton wool. Once I spray both sides I kind of squeeze the lace get the solvent into the holes. I then just use the water flosser and it seems to get rid of it all. Therefore have found I don't need the soaks anymore.

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol
I use 4-5 layers of Ghostbond Platinum which is very thick. I just need to soak it all through, get it immersed. Spraying just. wouldn't get inside it all.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 4-5 layers of Ghostbond Platinum which is very thick. I just need to soak it all through, get it immersed. Spraying just. wouldn't get inside it all.
fair play - I use a different glue that's easier to clean but just means I need to do it more often.