advanced hair studio

killmeImbald

Reaction score
I agree with Crazy. I wore a rug for 5 years. Yeah it looked good, but man it made me ever more paranoid. It was a good rug, but I knew, and I imagine everyone else did as well. I looked better than someone with thining hair, but I was an emotional wreck, afraid of detection.

The biggest hearbreaker was getting busted by my new girlfriend. I was fuckin paranoid, it like a lie you wear on your head, just don't do it.

Advanced hair studio pieces, are custom made from human hair, are glued with surgical glue, but require constant maintenance, the intial outlay, doubled after a year, just on maintenance and special products.

Shave your head, accept the fact you are losing your hair. There is a certain status amongst men if you shave your head, some women don't like it, but I think they prefer it to messy patches of hair.

Good luck, luke

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Luke - welcome to the forums. Maybe you can stick around and help give the guys information on the ups and downs of going the "hair replacement" route.

Thanks for participating.

HairLossTalk.com

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Luke - welcome to the forums. Maybe you can stick around and help give the guys information on the ups and downs of going the "hair replacement" route.

HairLossTalk.com

agreed!

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:

HairLossTalk.com
ditto thanks

Jai

Reaction score
HI Luke,
firstly are you from the UK or the US?

I would like to say congrats on you finding the strength to do away with the AHS system, and I agree with all the you said about looking much better, but the fear of being found out, feeling like everyone from the guy walking towards you on the other side of the road, to the girl stood behind you at the supermarket knew your secret.
It truely is a difficult one, and for many in the same situation you feel like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I myself went down the Advance Hair Studio route, but found the costs were outrageous, luckily for me one of the styalists set up her own studio, which really fucked off AHS but it is their own fault for preying on people when they are at a low point in their lives.

Anyway, still have the "Unit" now but am looking to do away with it in the near future, for myself am looking into Strip Surgery.

(one last thing, and I hope I am not going to have some angry AHS studio manager banging on my front door BUT, I heard a LOT of horror stories about how the styalist were encouraged to treat clients units in an attempt to get them to buy new ones!!!)

darrenf

Reaction score
Jai said:
HI Luke,
firstly are you from the UK or the US?

I would like to say congrats on you finding the strength to do away with the AHS system, and I agree with all the you said about looking much better, but the fear of being found out, feeling like everyone from the guy walking towards you on the other side of the road, to the girl stood behind you at the supermarket knew your secret.
It truely is a difficult one, and for many in the same situation you feel like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I myself went down the Advance Hair Studio route, but found the costs were outrageous, luckily for me one of the styalists set up her own studio, which really fucked off AHS but it is their own fault for preying on people when they are at a low point in their lives.

Anyway, still have the "Unit" now but am looking to do away with it in the near future, for myself am looking into Strip Surgery.

(one last thing, and I hope I am not going to have some angry AHS studio manager banging on my front door BUT, I heard a LOT of horror stories about how the styalist were encouraged to treat clients units in an attempt to get them to buy new ones!!!)

you ain't wrong Jai about the methods used by AHS they are very true!
I'm a former client & the missis used to be a stylist there! they were told during regrooms for clients to purposely pull the hair out, put dodgy products on systems and everything else! the guy even accidently tore a system in half by pulling the hair out whilst someone was having a regroom and then stuck it together again using tape! STAY WELL CLEAR FROM THOSE PARASITES EVERYONE!! :evil: :freaked2:

JohnJ

Reaction score
Jai said:
I myself went down the Advance Hair Studio route, but found the costs were outrageous, luckily for me one of the styalists set up her own studio, which really fucked off AHS

Jai I can well believe that rather annoyed AHS. Which studio was this - Bristol? Which stylist went her own way and what is her new business called?

Jai

Reaction score
It was the Bromley Studio, The Styalists name was Maz, she was great,
Why you wan tto know her business, are you looking for an alternative styalist? I would think that all the AHS studios around the country are as unethical as the next,

Regards Jai

JohnJ

Reaction score
Jai said:
It was the Bromley Studio, The Styalists name was Maz, she was great,
Why you wan tto know her business, are you looking for an alternative styalist? I

Maybe, if you know what her business is called, and she's repentant about ever working for such a company. Does she seem on-the-straight now? Did she leave because she couldn't hack their unethical behaviour?

Jai

Reaction score
Were they, Fan-Bloody-Tastic, I wish i has seen it, I will look on satalite it may be replayed, What was the outcome of it? did they focus on a specific studio? I will give you all a shout if i see that it is being replayed

(ps, Had my first transplant im 4 weeks on now and just waiting!!!)

JohnJ

Reaction score
I saw it. They only did the laser and not the wigs. They got experts to testify that laser doesn’t work, and did some undercover filming to show what bullshiters their consultants are. They featured some dissatisfied clients and an ex consultant, and finished with an interview with Carl Howell. Can only have damaged them as people will now question whether they are paying a few thou just for a bottle of minoxidil. :D

gray

Reaction score
Hi chaps.
If you hear of an upcoming repeat of the AHS watchdog or somewhere to obtain a copy Id be really grateful.
Thanks.