ADMIN PLEASE DELETE - THANKS!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 2nd Day of Proscar (1.25mg) . . . Concerned About Side FX

You already use Saw Palmetto wich is the herbal version of finasteride. That means you already had fucked hormones from that. The finasteride you tok might have pushed it over the edge...

Used it long and at wich dose?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

amff, I’ll be honest with you. I'm sure you saw my responses in your previous thread, but at this time, I would recommend you do not continue on finasteride. If you begin to take the medication with such a significant doubt in your mind, I would say there is a very good chance you will experience psychosomatic (mental) side effects, perpetuated by your fear.

You have already said you are terrified to take the medication. Based on that fact, don't take it right now. It's simply not going to turn out well for you, whether or not have you experience actual side effects.

Also, I’m not sure if you posted in this 'side effects' thread or not (was it moved?), but you are only going to get responses from people that have had negative effects from the medication.

If you are not experiencing problems on 1.25mg, there is no reason to change your dosage 'just in case'. If you are unfortunate enough to experience side effects on Finasteride, you will experience them on any active dose. It may take longer for these to occur, but based on what I’ve seen from other users, the side effects always eventually occur if you are prone to them.

You need to take it on a mindset of: "only 2% of user’s experience side effects, so chances are I will do fine on it". If you start with a mindset of "so many people have sides, so I’m guaranteed to, so I better be careful and lower the dose" then you will not stay on it for the long run.

You need to be firm in your decision before you start on it. Do some research; consider both sides of the argument, then go from there. You need to be on this medication for a year to see its full effects. If you can't fully commit to it, then you will not benefit from treatment.

If you feel you can benefit from more advice, it would be beneficial for you to ask more specific questions. Asking for general feedback (especially in the 'side effects' section) will yield highly biased and largely negative responses.

Best of luck!

Mens Rea

Reaction score

I have to agree with Wuffer.

You got the information from the other thread, you gotta decide one way or the other.

I think you've already ignored the best advice of all which was to get base bloods taken though.

As for dosage, the less the better as far as im concerned. I know people talk about flat dosage but the less finasteride floating aroudn your system the better. What have 1.25mg in your system if you get the same "benefit" from half of that?

I'd use 0.5mg or even 0.25mg if i were you (and i had opted to take finasteride).

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Sometimes the planets align and we all agree on something :)

But yes, even though it's not recommended procedure by doctors, it's best to get your blood taken before starting on finasteride. If you have already started, it's still a good idea to get a blood test as soon as you can. This medication does alter your hormones, so it's good to have an idea where your baseline is before starting.

Finasteride isn't for everyone. In terms of all hair loss treatments (not counting dutasteride), it is both the most effective and also the most risky. However, the risks are not significant for the average user.

The vast majority of people can take Finasteride without any problems. Probably 1 in 50 experience sexual side effects. These side effects go away in the majority of these guys during continued use. Of the ones that quit due to side effects, an unknown number experience persistent side effects even after quitting. I've seen this figure estimated around 1 in 1000 users, but quite simply, no one knows how common it is. There are studies in progress to try to document the actual incidence and mechanism that causes these persistent problems, but as of right now, nobody knows.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: PLEASE DELETE

Glad to hear you have committed to treatment! Be sure to update us with your results from time to time. I agree that when you decide to start on a treatment, it's best to do so and leave the forums. That's one lesson I preach, but I still stick around here for some reason!

Mens Rea

Reaction score

Good luck mate.

Don't see the necessity to run around deleting profiles and posts though.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Good point. If you are hypersensitive to all sensations in your body, you will likely feel 'off' during the first couple days while your body starts to adjust to the new hormone levels. Many people seem to amplify these sensations, freak out and quit immediately.

It is quite possible for people to have very real side effects whien first starting, but it is very unlikely. People for some reason jump to the most unlikely conclusion as being the correct one (possibly because it is the scariest, and therefore, the first conclusion your mind comes to).