Additions to minoxidl

Reaction score
does anyone add anything to their mix like green tea or grapes seed?

Ive just added green tea and im going to add grapseed?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't add anything - you don't want to ruin the effectiveness of your minoxidil and, unless you're a chemist, you just don't know what the additions are doing to the solution.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, don't add to the existing minoxidil mix. You have no idea of interactions. Make a separate mixture for each item you want to use. Maybe you should look into Spectral, this may suit you and avoid the mixing problems.

Sean68

Reaction score
sounds like a plan. it probably doesnt work out much more expensive
either.

AquaNet

Reaction score
I thought people added retin-a to minoxidil..

so when you add retin-A to the mix, are people adding it to there face and does that cause the increased absorption or you need to apply it on the scalp with the minoxidil for it to work, never really got a answer from this. Ive been just applying it on my face and my temples with minoxidil applied to the temple area as well, idk if that is the wrong way or what but I havent had any added irritation.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AquaNet said:
I thought people added retin-a to minoxidil..

so when you add retin-A to the mix, are people adding it to there face and does that cause the increased absorption or you need to apply it on the scalp with the minoxidil for it to work, never really got a answer from this. Ive been just applying it on my face and my temples with minoxidil applied to the temple area as well, idk if that is the wrong way or what but I havent had any added irritation.

I don't know why you're putting Retin-A on your face, unless it's for anti-ageing purposes. If you want it to grow hair it needs to go on your scalp. I dont mix minoxidil and Retin-A - I apply minoxidil twice a day as usual and only use Retin-A a few times a week and seperately from minoxidil.