Add spironolactone then drop minoxidil

Reaction score
What do you guys think of dropping minoxidil after adding spironolactone as topical? Using them together is a pain, and I am not sure if they are totally synergistic. Should I keep to one topical at a time or use both since I've already been on rogaine two years+. Plus let me add that applying both together makes the spironolactone have a more undesirable smell. If you were to pick only one topical in conjunction with finasteride, would it be a topical anti-androgen like spironolactone or a growth stimulant like minoxidil?

I know minoxidil is fda approved and spironolactone isn't, but topical anti-androgen does sounds cooler than offset of growth.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apply spironolactone 15-20 minutes prior to your minoxidil application. Helps a lot :0.

powersam

Reaction score
most would suggest applying the spironolactone after minoxidil rather than before.

CCS

Reaction score
they react fast enough to stink when applied together, but not fast enough to lose their effective ness, I heard. spironolactone is VERY cheap if you make your own.

RU won't react with minoxidil, but you have to make sure it stays fresh.

eucapil has not been tested independently, and can't be used near water.

pick your poison. i plan to get fatty acids soon. I really think they will be powerful.