Acne and Dark Eye Circles

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about two and a half months now, recently switched over to 1.25 mg finasteride in Proscar form and now I'm noticing that I'll get probably around 4 large pimples a week on my face (more smaller ones of my neck), not a big deal, one would say--except that they are leaving permanent SCARS!!

I am 22 and when I was younger I would almost never scar, even if I didn't bother to take care of a wound. Now, I'm carefully addressing each pimple I get and they are all still leaving bad scars.

I've also noticed as well that my dark eye circles have not gone away since I started finasteride.

Has anyone else experienced either of these sides and do you have any advice? I am trying all sorts of different topical acne meds, nothing seems to be working. I don't feel like my doctor could do anything but say "stop taking the finasteride", which I am not quite prepared to do yet.

Has anyone experienced any acne or dark eye circles as a result of finasteride and do you have any remedies that worked?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gene_Fighter said:
I've been on finasteride for about two and a half months now, recently switched over to 1.25 mg finasteride in Proscar form and now I'm noticing that I'll get probably around 4 large pimples a week on my face (more smaller ones of my neck), not a big deal, one would say--except that they are leaving permanent SCARS!!

I am 22 and when I was younger I would almost never scar, even if I didn't bother to take care of a wound. Now, I'm carefully addressing each pimple I get and they are all still leaving bad scars.

I've also noticed as well that my dark eye circles have not gone away since I started finasteride.

Has anyone else experienced either of these sides and do you have any advice? I am trying all sorts of different topical acne meds, nothing seems to be working. I don't feel like my doctor could do anything but say "stop taking the finasteride", which I am not quite prepared to do yet.

Has anyone experienced any acne or dark eye circles as a result of finasteride and do you have any remedies that worked?

Clearasil cream and Vitamin E seemed to work well for my acne.