according to merck....

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
according to merck I was supposed to stop losing my hair by this month....that is not the case..However I will give it the full year before I get completely upset....

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Merck states on the Propecia insert that many users will not see results until a full 12 months of use.

HairLossTalk.com

hopewas

Reaction score
you won't see results in 12 months but you will see a stoppage of hairloss right?

Stingray

Reaction score
The term "results" is a variable.

Regrowing one hair might be a result to one person, while saving an entire head of hair might not be to someone else.

Redbone

Reaction score
Although Propecia is a great product for most, I dont think all will benefit from it though. After all it is not the cure we all have been hoping for. This is not to say that it will not work for most. I have been on for two months and my hair has snapped back to surprising vitality- I have not had significant re-growth yet but it appears thicker and fuller than it has in at least a year. I was probably a Norwood 2.5 when I started, so I caught it early.

My hair was going downhill at a rapid pace and the Propecia seems to have turned that around. I also give allot of credit to the Xandrox 5% I use 2x a day as well.

Fortunately my hair responded well to everything I tryed from Nizoral to Crinagen and folligen to Lewenbergs crap. It is just responding a whole lot better to this stuff.

Bottom line I think it will work for most that don't have a real aggressive form of male pattern baldness.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Merck states that hair may continue to fall for up to 12 months.

Results is defined by merck, in this context, as a stoppage of continued hair loss.

Merck never acknowledges "shedding" per se. They group it in with continued loss.

Check the inserts glued to the Propecia bottles.

HairLossTalk.com

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
do they intend maintenance to mean possible loss for 12 months then a return to the point hair was in at the start, or possible loss for 12 months then a stoppage to ne continued loss?