About to start Propecia again

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of starting propecia again for the past year or so. I keep telling myself not to, as in the past i had side effects around the 6 month mark.

This time i'm going to be taking 1/2 mg everyday. I am not expecting to have nearly the same amount of side effects as before, considering the lower dosage. However, i'm trying to find away to curve the increased estrogen level. I heard broccoli actually lowers the amount of estrogen in the body. I'm not sure how exactly, and am curious if it would just increase my hairloss rather than help recover it. Any ideas on this?

I'm just looking for a maintainable hairline etc at this point. I've tried tons of products and NONE have been nearly as effective as propecia was for me. I actually had some regrowth in the crown and held the hairline really well.

I plan to get a full blood test before I start doing this again and plan to have another blood test around the 3 month mark to see where my estrogen levels are stabilizing at. If they're relatively high, then i'm giving up on my hair loss battle forever...

Any suggestions or opinions?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
This time i'm going to be taking 1/2 mg everyday. I am not expecting to have nearly the same amount of side effects as before, considering the lower dosage.

Why do you feel that way? Since there's not much difference in DHT reduction between 1 mg and 1/2 mg per day, why would you think that the side-effects would be much different?

Matgallis said:
I plan to get a full blood test before I start doing this again and plan to have another blood test around the 3 month mark to see where my estrogen levels are stabilizing at. If they're relatively high, then i'm giving up on my hair loss battle forever...

Would you consider a 10% increase in estrogen to be "relatively high"?

Bryan

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I decreased to 0.5mg and my sides were still pretty strong so on 0.25mg for last couple of weeks and it is now better but not great.

O.25mg is still I think about 70% effective as 1mg so hence sides that go with is are still going to be there.

Its just what can you live with. For me its bee all downhill so not sure these sides will be worth it at all in the end. I'm 3 months in so really should make the effort to go another 3 months but loss is very bad and tireness side so I don't know how many more weeks I can go on with finasteride.

I'm sure for many the sides can be a negative reaction and perhaps an indication not to be on finasteride if they are really strong. How many agree with this?

G

What did you do while off of spironolactone? I remember you posting from way back like 3 years ago.