about nizoral and shampoos in general

bombscience

Reaction score
From my personal experience with Nizoral, I can't take too much of it. I have cut back to 2-3 days of nizoral a week. It actually irritates my scalp if used too frequently. I also try not to leave it on for too long. On the off days I use TSAL-TGEL-Nioxin combo.

pitomtl

Reaction score
Hi:
I'm from Montreal so my English is not perfect. I've been taking Proscar (1/4) for 2 months & 3 weeks now. I had problems with dandruff since day one. I bought Nizoral and was using it every 3 days...no other shampoos in between. I still had a lot of dandruff so I decided to buy TGel (2% Coal Tar) and started using it for the other days (Nizoral + TGel)
Three weeks ago I started to use TGel only and eliminated Nizoral from my regimen . I thought maybe I wasn't a good responder for Nizoral.
Sadly, I still have flakes even though I use TGel every day!!! (it says wash, rinse and then repeat application but I don't do it)
On top of that, I've read on this website that if I don't get rid of dandruff while I take Proscar there will be no improvement on my hair growth.
I noticed that I'm losing around 30+ hairs a day and no improvement at all.

Your advise will be VERY VERY appreciated

Thanx