A testosterone propecia question ... (Bryan if ya can)

G

So does propecia only block type 1 5a-reductase and type
2 5-alpha reductase from turning to DHT? It says propecia only blocks DHT and not affecting elevating levels of testorone or something.

So does that mean it doesn't block other testorone like dehydroepiandrosterone. (DHEA)? Propecia only affectively blocks those 2 types without interfering in other types of testosterone?

[/u]

G

And I was reading somewhere about testosterone and it says "Testosterone AIDS in the development of bone, lean muscle and body mass, and cardiovascular function."

Whats your opinion on this? After reading this I dont know if anybody under 21 should be using propecia. But it just says it AIDS in these things. Propecia says it only blocks 60-80 percent of type 1 testosterone. I dont know if the remaining testosterone would be enough for these things.

I just kinda got lost. Propecia only inhibits testosterone from forming to dht, and doesn't lower the tesosterone levels at all? Just prevents dht from being made in the first place?

G

Oh and on that site it just said "testosterone" i dont know if it meant a specific type like DHT. Dht is just important for penis growth and hair growth right?

I think a lot of guys on this forum think DHT has to do with bone growth, and muscle growth and all that.

And I also read the increasing testosterone can have body building affects? So wouldn't lowering it have a negative effect on muscle? I thought testosterone was important for muscle growth?