A testament to consistency?

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just recently started month 8 on the big three.

My experience with hairloss treatments has been mostly terrible up till this point. I suffered from sporadic bouts of itching and severe flaking for the first five or so months.

Basically, I was switching around my regimen quite a bit, using different medicated shampoos from my derm, switching from 2x per day minoxidil applications to 1x per day and back again, and more, all in attempt to combat my scalp conditions.

In all these months, my hair has been in a constant state of shedding. Crazy shedding. For 6+ months, I would shampoo my hair to find 25 hairs on each hand.

In the last 2-3 months though, I've FINALLY got my scalp in good shape and gone absolutely consistent with my treatments-- 1mg Propecia, 2X per day minoxidil, and 3X per week Nizoral.

About three weeks ago, I shampooed my hair and was schocked to find NO hair on my hands. So I shampooed again. Almost overnight, it seems my shedding has almost completely stopped.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and my hair isn't in great shape after all those months, but at least now I have hope for some sort of recovery.

I just wanted to let some of you shedders out there know-- stick with it and be consistent, you never know when things might start getting better.

G

thanx for the encouragement wastingpenguins. Im tryin to stay patient and positive. some days are worse than others though as im sure you know. Exactly how many months in were you when youre shedding ultimatley ceased, im 7 months in and is has slowwed considerably, but now another scalp area specific shed has started

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
I was about 7 months in when my shedding stopped, so don't give up now.

I might be getting my hopes up, but I keep thinking-- I lost so much ground while shedding like crazy, so now that my shed has stopped, I should be able to at LEAST maintain.

Right...? :lol: