A stupid question

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let's say hypothetically you get a hair transplant. The doctor will recommend you jump on rogiane and finasteride. So what happens if a new hair grows because of these drugs where a hair has been transplanted? Will the follicle jsut be pushed to the side or will you get cancer or something?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
I'm pretty sure it causes AIDS.

I guess a that would be the "stupid" answer...right?

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you expect from Optomist? sarcastic and unhelpfull. Another candidate for being thrown off this forum to join Mahair as they would be in good company.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was joking about the cancer thing. But what actually happens if a follicle which was dormant starts growing when a new one has been implanted on top if it. Why can't you baldies ever give me a straight answer? I mean I know that a lot of you ae more knowledgable than dermatologists (in regards to hair) so start sharing your advice dam it.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Dalek said:
What do you expect from Optomist? sarcastic and unhelpfull. Another candidate for being thrown off this forum to join Mahair as they would be in good company.

He made a joke and I did as well. Take your personal attacks elsewhere. Everytime we have had an altercation it is because you have made a rediculous attack on me.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyways, here is an answer. Typically, you will not regrow hair that isn't already there, hair that is "regrown" is really just hair that is miniatured and then revived with the use of those products. The hair goes from being those little white hairs (vellus hairs) to darker hair (terminal hairs). I don't believe a good dr. would transplant on top of an existing hair. If the hair is not there when the Doctor does the transplant, then the hair is gone for good and thus your question is moot.

I hope this helps.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But what about those guys who go on minoxidil and those bald spots get covered in hair; if it was completely shiney before how would a doctor know hair may grow there?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
But what about those guys who go on minoxidil and those bald spots get covered in hair; if it was completely shiney before how would a doctor know hair may grow there?

It was not completely bald, there were small sometimes barely detectable hairs. doctors are dealing with tiny follicles and they can tell if there is already a follicle in a given area. If they did punch a hole where a follicle is, I would expect that it would kill the hair. If you have concerns you should ask a hair transplant doctor about this.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Optimist is right, and regrowth on shiney areas is as rare a rockinghorse sh*t.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
rare a rockinghorse $#iT.

Never heard that one before....I love it!