A Simple Culture Method For Epithelial Stem Cells Derived From Human Hair Follicle

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is actually from 2013 anyone seen it before? Can't believe it took me this long to notice it. Figured the subject is hot stuff
https://www.researchgate.net/public...l_stem_cells_derived_from_human_hair_follicle

Interesting. Too bad they didn't try implanting the cells into SCID mice to see if the cells retained their ability to form hair follicles.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, there was another study done recently along these lines, although with mouse HFSCs - Hair follicle stem cell cultures reveal self‐organizing plasticity of stem cells and their progeny

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is off topic, but;
Can someone point me to a source where I can learn more?

I could go along well with the first discussions in this thread, but I'm getting lost now.
I know the Wikipedia knowledge about genetics, but I would like to dive into more specific knowledge, understanding what genetic regions are and how genes interact with each other.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is off topic, but;
Can someone point me to a source where I can learn more?

I could go along well with the first discussions in this thread, but I'm getting lost now.
I know the Wikipedia knowledge about genetics, but I would like to dive into more specific knowledge, understanding what genetic regions are and how genes interact with each other.
Did you post this in the wrong thread?
Anyway do you want to have general knowledge of genetics or are you specifically interested in hair loss genes? If u want to learn genetics you should go for video courses.. I suggest sth like edx, MIT or coursera. Keep in mind I haven't gone through these personally I know my genetics from highschool. Have a look at crispr too, youtube should be enough to give you a basic concept (ted talks etc). Quora is good for specific questions (you have to copy paste the urls in there to the search bar unless you have an account) after that there's all kinds of advanced stuff on the internet but you should find the direction you wanna go and plan accordingly.
Also look up gene knock outs and knock ins. As far as hair goes, knocking out the androgen receptor gene and upregulating estrogen receptors in the follicle is most likely the best gene editing can offer (should be comparable to taking estrogen, minus the side effects)