A reminder to ...

drinkrum

Reaction score
... tell your barber or hair stylist to _not_ use thinning shears if you're losing your hair! I forgot about that today and my hair looks like sh*t. Ruined an otherwise great haircut.

D.

G

Good advice. I haven't had the thinning shears used on me in months. How did you get your hair cut? Number what on top and what on the sides?

G

I just go with number 2 fade and number 4 on top. No scissors involved. I like keeping it all even and trimmed. Then I don't even worry about those damn thinning shears. How ironic, before male pattern baldness my hair was so thick that i would definately always need the thinning shears, and now it looks like i have already had the thinning shears run through my hair. :roll:

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wtf is a thinning shear! sounds scary as helL! :freaked:

drinkrum

Reaction score
A pair of thinning shears have one serrated edge and another straight edge so some of the hair that falls in-between gets cut and others don't. The point is to thin out thick hair by cutting some hair much shorter than others.

Dunno if my explanation made any sense, but you can do a search for "thinning shears" (in quotes) on Google for more info and pictures.

D.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
omg sounds horrid