a question about ULTRA IMPRESSIVE pics on various sites

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We have all looked on many really impressive pics of guys who became Nw0 from NW3, of guys who filled in their temples with extraordinary density etc.. I am talking about pics in famous doctors's websites and in forums. I wonder whether all these can be true. How can a guy gain a density- after only one procedure- that is so awesome, while the general opinion about the first density lies on 50 gr/cm2. It is obvious that specific pics have almost natural (if all) density.
Could there be pics of guys using Toppik or something? Just a guess

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's not hard for a reputable hair transplant surgeon to bring an NW3 back to an NW1, now an NW6 back to an NW1 would be a stretch.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
thylax said:
We have all looked on many really impressive pics of guys who became Nw0 from NW3, of guys who filled in their temples with extraordinary density etc.. I am talking about pics in famous doctors's websites and in forums. I wonder whether all these can be true. How can a guy gain a density- after only one procedure- that is so awesome, while the general opinion about the first density lies on 50 gr/cm2. It is obvious that specific pics have almost natural (if all) density.

There are some clinics whose pictures suggest definite embellishment. When I used to visit their sites, I will go to the gallery and the pictures will click the uummmmh?! switch in my mind.

That is why its a good point meeting patients realtime.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Of course these pics represent the top 3/4/5% of all their patients and if you take dozens of pics you will get a small percentage that taken at the right angle look more favourable than than others.
The biggest factor involved is the patients individual hair characteristics. Dont take it for granted that you will get the same result as one of the clinics 'showcase' patients. There's always a chance though.
I highly doubt that one of the big names would risk using a product to cheat their showcase pics, it would destroy their reputation. However I know for a fact that its almost standard procedure to do just that here in the UK. Infact most of our clinics dont even show before/after shots they just use pics of hair models who've never even had a hair transplant.

uncomfortable man said:
It's not hard for a reputable hair transplant surgeon to bring an NW3 back to an NW1, now an NW6 back to an NW1 would be a stretch.

Its a stretch to get a NW6 back to a NW2, but it can be done however with every step in the Norwood scale that you progress it gets twice as difficult. The more natural hair you have the better its going to look.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
thylax said:

There are some clinics whose pictures suggest definite embellishment. When I used to visit their sites, I will go to the gallery and the pictures will click the uummmmh?! switch in my mind.

That is why its a good point meeting patients realtime.

Your pictures look nice Devender. Does the beard hair feel too out of place? I am planning some myself but wonder whether texture is an issue.

s.a.f

Reaction score
thylax said:
How can a guy gain a density- after only one procedure- that is so awesome, while the general opinion about the first density lies on 50 gr/cm2. It is obvious that specific pics have almost natural density.

I missed this bit with my earlier reply, a hair transplant is all about the art of illusion, with the correct follicle placement a skilled surgeon can give what looks like good coverage with a much less % of density.
Remember nature does'nt place hairs to maximise coverage, and by the time you notice your hairloss its reconed that you will have probably lost over 1 third of your natural density.

GeminiX

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
thylax said:
How can a guy gain a density- after only one procedure- that is so awesome, while the general opinion about the first density lies on 50 gr/cm2. It is obvious that specific pics have almost natural density.

I missed this bit with my earlier reply, a hair transplant is all about the art of illusion, with the correct follicle placement a skilled surgeon can give what looks like good coverage with a much less % of density.
Remember nature does'nt place hairs to maximise coverage, and by the time you notice your hairloss its reconed that you will have probably lost over 1 third of your natural density.

Definately agree here, the hair transplant I had on my temples was only 1000 grafts, yet grown out no-one ever notices that there is actually very little hair there. I will get another procedure done at some point, but the cosmetic effect is more than enough at the moment.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
a hair transplant is all about the art of illusion, with the correct follicle placement a skilled surgeon can give what looks like good coverage with a much less % of density.

In the hands of the correct doctor, transplants can look dense. Does not mean they will be exactly as dense as nature gave them at birth. saf is right on that count. Small little things like the angle and the direction of hair make a big difference in giving an illusion of fullness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes much in the same way that a skilled surgeon can remove 1000's of grafts from the donor area via FUE without making it look visibly thinner.