A question about these techniques...

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Can these techniques like cloning and hair multiplication work on people who have baldness in their genes? If it does, I'm going to start to save up money for this.

Do you think these procedures going to be out in the next 3 or 5 years? I know it has to go through FDA approval and all, but I don't want to look too old when I'm 26!

What about gene therapy, is it really dangerous? Could it result in mutations?

I know I'm sounding like a noob again, but I was concerned about hair loss when I was 16 6 years ago, didn't let it bother me until now when I started seeing my top thinning.

I look forward to the day when I get it and I can look like Edward Carnby from Alone in the Dark 4.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
Can these techniques like cloning and hair multiplication work on people who have baldness in their genes? If it does, I'm going to start to save up money for this.

The hair is cloned from non-DHT sensitive follicles, so yes it is ok.

People without 'baldness in their genes' would unlikely need these techniques anyhow.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, there are other things to do like school and work so I can save up money for this.

On the other hand, I also have some interesting news. While out for a run yesterday, I came back and looked in the front mirror while sweating. With the sun, I saw quite a large number of white hairs on my hairline, temples and sides. Were they vellus hairs? If they are, maybe they'll fall out and grow as thicker hairs, it could bring my hairline back.

Wonder about the little bald spot and thinning areas could grow those too. I also got a bit of a buzz haircut on sides and back, plus cutting the front too made look like I just have a receding hairline.

But I'm not counting on it.

No one could notice them, but I could.