a question about a developing bald guy store

tdstash

Reaction score
So,

I have been taking minoxidil for a while, and while it has had that effect onthe crown like it says it will, as with most people, it has had no effect on the FRONT of my head.

I went into a haircutting place and for the second time (with a different person) and this time with somenone who doedsn't sell the crap in the store, this woman told me a bout nioxin, she said it takes a while but you have to give it like a year and use it like they say to and use it every day and she said her ex husband's hair grew back.

I just wanted to get some banter going about nioxin because I do minoxidil + nizoral, and like many I have some scalp tenderness issues, and frankly, it's a pain in the ***.

any thoughts? can anyone swear against nioxin?

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I used nioxin about 4 years ago when I first noticed my hair was thinning - at the time I didnt realise all the other treatments like spironolactone etc that were out there - I used the nioxin shampoo and the bio-nutrient treatment - all I can say is the fact they use menthol in their products made my scalp feel all tingly and gives the impressions *something* is happening - but after using it religiously for 6 months I didnt notice any difference at all and just forgot about hairloss for the next 3 years until it became more noticiable.

A useful tip when looking at any treatment is to check out what the active ingredient is that they claim and see what evidence exists they help with hairloss - Having revisted their website in nioxins case this seems to be stuff like biotin and various herbs - not particularly earth shattering stuff so I wouldnt expect it to do anything for hairloss - might thicken up exisiting hair but you'd be better off spending your money on a shampoo that has something like copper peptides or other ingredients with stronger evidence relating to hairloss e.g. tricomin, american crew, nano or revivogen